John Carver

Guest neesy111

What the f*** have they been doing the last six months? :lol:

Hoping Carver was the easy option, turns out he wasn't all along and their little plan has failed big time. They now have to actually do some sort of work.

Wonder where a man as sophisticated as John will be off on his well deserved holiday.

Magaluf with Stoney and Woody.

Best holiday in the PL apparently.

:lol: :lol:

I said a few weeks back they haven't talked to anybody. Put some random names on a list and lost it in the pub.

It all comes down to Charnley, he's been promoted to a position that he's completely unsuited to and probably lacks the confidence to sack someone.  Anyone who gets in front of him with a bit of bluster and confidence will make him panic and do whatever they want (probably make him piss himself too).

Plus, judging by his performance so far he's probably forgotten to employ his own replacement and just sits alone in his office all day wondering why no one is answering the phones.

That would be so hilarious to watch tbf.

I still honestly don't know who'd be daft enough to think this bloke was any good.

Even the thickest c*** would realise we were in the s*** precisely because of Xarver.

http://ais.badische-zeitung.de/piece/03/45/9d/f8/54894072.jpg

Guest Gomez

What the f*** have they been doing the last six months? :lol:

Give hime some time time, I hear they're pretty close to finding people to advertise in the stadium...

"John Carver will begin his summer holiday tomorrow but while his future is not completely clear in terms of the head coach job, he has already been assured he will be at the club when Newcastle return to pre-season training in July." :anguish:

He categorically said in January that if he didn't get the manager's job here, he would look to be no 1 somewhere else. If as I expect, we appoint a new manager, he really should p*ss off. Otherwise what was the point in coming up with such guff in the first place?

Since then he's said he's going nowhere and that if he doesn't get the head coach job the old contract will kick in.

Some people seem convinced he's got it, but I've got no idea what they're basing it on. Some ITK, or some such.

The ITK who was spouting the crap about him getting the job has quietly disappeared.

I wasn't claiming to be an ITK or spouting crap, just passed on what I was told by a lad who usually has good info (ie like the teamsheet every week). There's others on this board who will vouch for the info this lad gets.

As for quietly disappearing, I've been up in Northumberland with the family today, is that okay? The fact that he hasn't been appointed today is great new to me, as would love nothing more than to be 'wide of the mark' on this one.

I won't bother passing anything on in future.

Even if Carver got the nod today, they would be (even more) stupid to announce it today. Why announce it at all in fact? Just keep on going and the majority of our fans will not even understand they have been played like a violin when Carver is still in the dugout come the new season.

They will drag this on while feeding the media bits and pieces about this name or another, until we just quietly start the season with Carver in charge. Sometime in January or so after a decent result he'll be given an eight-year contract and have the "caretaker" title removed.

In the mean time, we'll be too busy with the "manager search" to sign players. It won't affect our selling at all though.

Exactly :(

They will drag this on while feeding the media bits and pieces about this name or another, until we just quietly start the season with Carver in charge. Sometime in January or so after a decent result he'll be given an eight-year contract and have the "caretaker" title removed.

In the mean time, we'll be too busy with the "manager search" to sign players. It won't affect our selling at all though.

Exactly :(

Nail on head.

Some people seem convinced he's got it, but I've got no idea what they're basing it on. Some ITK, or some such.

The ITK who was spouting the crap about him getting the job has quietly disappeared.

I wasn't claiming to be an ITK or spouting crap, just passed on what I was told by a lad who usually has good info (ie like the teamsheet every week). There's others on this board who will vouch for the info this lad gets.

As for quietly disappearing, I've been up in Northumberland with the family today, is that okay? The fact that he hasn't been appointed today is great new to me, as would love nothing more than to be 'wide of the mark' on this one.

I won't bother passing anything on in future.

Wouldn't take any notice to be honest dude, there's obviously a line between mongs posting utter made up shit and passing on bits and pieces from people who are deemed to be reliable.

Guest zicomartin

I reckon the delay on any decision today and the "Carver still in the frame" news is still good enough to give UncleBingo and his source a break, for now.

Its not like this is anything much more than speculation or rumour, at this point.

Jeez, if you shut every newcomer down with any ITK at the first opportunity, you will just be left with the morons who don't contribute anything useful but still wont leave.  :blackeye:

They will drag this on while feeding the media bits and pieces about this name or another, until we just quietly start the season with Carver in charge.

Sometime in January or so after a decent result he'll be given an eight-year contract and have the "caretaker" title removed.

I spot the flaw in your argument.