John Carver

Guest neesy111

I'm still not convinced the board want him full time, the only chance he has is if a few of our top targets say no in the summer and he finishes well. With Stoke well ahead of us in 10th place (the clubs minimum aim) then I can't see him being considered for the job. A couple of wins, and hopefully something out of the derby is all we have left to play for.

it'll depend what the spreadsheet says, obviously everyone is going lose their bonus this season so is that enough of a saving for MA to not care about finishing top 10?  i doubt it

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We were a real mess at the back. We were probably defending narrow to stop them playing through passes but I remember us getting cut wide open many times in the first half. Additionally our flanks were getting exposed as a result of this. Even Neville was complaining all match about the width of our back four.

Newcastle United's reckoning is upon us - the club needs change from head coach down to avoid more slide

The reality that confronts us is that Newcastle, limping along as they are at the moment, need to be gutted once again this summer. Their squad – terminally light on numbers and devoid of the sufficient quality to even match their meagre top-10 target – is not fit for purpose and they require a new head coach to galvanise a club sliding into what feels like a dark place.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-reckoning-upon---8693870

Newcastle United's reckoning is upon us - the club needs change from head coach down to avoid more slide

The reality that confronts us is that Newcastle, limping along as they are at the moment, need to be gutted once again this summer. Their squad – terminally light on numbers and devoid of the sufficient quality to even match their meagre top-10 target – is not fit for purpose and they require a new head coach to galvanise a club sliding into what feels like a dark place.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-reckoning-upon---8693870

Good article.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-says-newcastle-united-8693741

The Magpies’ head coach said: “I think our fans are quite knowledgeable.

“I think they understand the difference between the two clubs.

“What I will say is that I don’t think the players we had on the pitch gave up on the situation.

“I’m not trying to defend them here. I think they genuinely gave what they had."

I have no words.

Only one word is needed, "Lunatic."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-says-newcastle-united-8693741

“What I will say is that I don’t think the players we had on the pitch gave up on the situation.

“I’m not trying to defend them here. I think they genuinely gave what they had."

I have no words.

Dunning–Kruger effect 

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:[4]

fail to recognize their own lack of skill

fail to recognize genuine skill in others

fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy

recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they are exposed to training for that skill

Sound familiar?

He's too stupid to understand that he's stupid

I have no words.

this is the worst part really, so concerned with his own position he's not prepared to defend the player so is effectively hanging them out and absolving himself from blame

4 years with pardew wasn't wasted

No one in the league in the past 5 years or so, has had a manager more I'll suited to the players they bring in.

That continues to be our biggest problem. It's incredibly frustrating, and we still are yet to know for sure exactly how good the majority of these players can be.

No one in the league in the past 5 years or so, has had a manager more I'll suited to the players they bring in.

That continues to be our biggest problem. It's incredibly frustrating, and we still are yet to know for sure exactly how good the majority of these players can be.

Bang on the money, undoubtedly we are severely short on numbers and players for key positions, however we are not a team equal to the sum of their parts. We need a versatile manager to play to the strengths of his players. I refuse to believe players such as Anita are as bad as they are right now, he was a hot prospect when we bought him, not the hot steamy pile of shit he appears as now.

this is the worst part really, so concerned with his own position he's not prepared to defend the player so is effectively hanging them out and absolving himself from blame

From what I could see Carver sat on his arse for 90 minutes and offered nothing to the players.  He should have been in his technical area giving them instruction but it appeared that didn't know what to say or do.

From what I could see Carver sat on his arse for 90 minutes and offered nothing to the players.  He should have been in his technical area giving them instruction but it appeared that didn't know what to say or do.

Can't say I'm remotely shocked by that

Guest antz1uk

yep, i was there, and not once did i see any movement on the newcastle bench, not one memer of staff got out of the dugout, completely lost on what to do

yep, i was there, and not once did i see any movement on the newcastle bench, not one memer of staff got out of the dugout, completely lost on what to do

They basically failed to do what they are paid for and offered nothing to the players.  The players were mainly poor but they looked as if they hadn't a clue as to what was expected of them and were left to get on with it.

Is there any reason for all this JC hate? He is just a caretaker manager, that has been thrown into a job he can't handle. Untill summer, where we hopefully will have a proper and permanent replacement for Pardew.

At least he's trying. Could you imagine the chaos if he actually came out and said 'I'm not good enough for this job, but there is noone else'?

Is there any reason for all this JC hate? He is just a caretaker manager, that has been thrown into a job he can't handle. Untill summer, where we hopefully will have a proper and permanent replacement for Pardew.

At least he's trying. Could you imagine the chaos if he actually came out and said 'I'm not good enough for this job, but there is noone else'?

The hate stems from fear that he's going to get the job permanently. You only have to look at the propaganda pieces from the local media to see why the fear is so real.

Him not ranting on the touch line means sod all tbh and the worst managers seem to do it the most. However he clearly has no clue as when alls said and done he has no qualification or the relevant experience to manage at this level. The club don't care or see that as a problem. It's the cheap option once again

The hate stems from fear that he's going to get the job permanently. You only have to look at the propaganda pieces from the local media to see why the fear is so real.

As far as I remember they were out early and saying that Carver wasn't one of the candidates they were considering. It seems very unlikely that they appoint him anyway, and even if they do, that would not really be his fault. Incompetent owners - there the hate should go.

Calling the fans out at Southampton was the start but its almost like Pardew never left with this cunt in charge, very hard to feel sorry for him.

He put his name forward for a job he's not capable of performing and we as fans are suffering while he has his ego stroked, he hasn't been thrown into anything.  As for him trying, I didn't see that yesterday and even if he is, he's not good enough and trying is nothing if you're not up to the task.

As far as I remember they were out early and saying that Carver wasn't one of the candidates they were considering. It seems very unlikely that they appoint him anyway, and even if they do, that would not really be his fault. Incompetent owners - there the hate should go.

Really?

I would respect the man immensely if he said that.