John Carver

Guest neesy111

"I have seen sides better than us come here and take a hiding. I don't think it was a lack of effort, we were just out played."

Double choke.

He's trying to play the defeat down, in reality the scoreline was kind to us and could easily have been doubled.

Newcastle United manager John Carver on BBC Sport: "All the plans you put in place go out of the window in the first minute. We knew they were going to press us but we didn't learn.

"I have seen sides better than us come here and take a hiding. I don't think it was a lack of effort, we were just out played.

"We we will have a review on Monday. Rather than go crazy in the dressing room, it is time for thought. I am taking some of the blame for this without a shadow of the doubt. It is about sticking together and making sure we put it right."

Yeah John and i've also seen worse sides put in magnificent, tough, tactically-aware performances there and get draws or even wins. This was a defeat before we even kicked off and there was never a shred of doubt we'd get a hiding by anyone with half a brain.

"I have seen sides better than us come here and take a hiding. I don't think it was a lack of effort, we were just out played."

Double choke.

tbf he is right.

Sheff Wed got beat 7-0

Newcastle United manager John Carver on BBC Sport: "All the plans you put in place go out of the window in the first minute. We knew they were going to press us but we didn't learn.

"I have seen sides better than us come here and take a hiding. I don't think it was a lack of effort, we were just out played.

"We we will have a review on Monday. Rather than go crazy in the dressing room, it is time for thought. I am taking some of the blame for this without a shadow of the doubt. It is about sticking together and making sure we put it right."

FFS!!!  Pardew all over again.  How long does it take this fucking club to "put it right"?!!!!!!! :rant:

Said he couldn't complain about the effort and then in the same sentence says we were outfought. What a prick.

I love watching Gouffran strolling around, must look even better on fancy white board in the tactics room. Instead of to the naked eye.

The high point of the day was definitely him going on TV before kickoff and announcing what our tactics were going to be. Honestly not sure I'd ever seen that before.

Think he was just trying to sound like a manager who knew about tactics, didn't stop to think that telling the opposition about them before kickoff just MIGHT be somewhat foolish.

Tragic really.

Said he couldn't complain about the effort and then in the same sentence says we were outfought. What a prick.

I love watching Gouffran strolling around, must look even better on fancy white board in the tactics room. Instead of to the naked eye.

The stats told him he had a great game.