John Carver

Guest neesy111

There's no way imaginable he can get kept on for next year is there?

Hopefully him getting nowhere near the job will be some consolation but it's gonna be rinse and repeat next season.

The club is rotten from top to bottom. It almost feels as though the publicity Sports Direct get from the coverage of the club is actually a positive thing for the FCB. If we were doing ok and we're finishing between 7th and 10th we would be a non entity like Southampton or Swansea. That also wouldn't get much coverage in the media

I think some of the stuff about zero hours contracts, shoddy working conditions etc he doesn't mind about.  It's basically publicising it as "This shop is absolutely fucking dirt cheap because they're a bunch of scummy bastards" which people may cluck their tongue at, but when it comes to needing a pair of new shorts people will go "Fuck it, I'll go to Sports Direct, I know it will be cheaper than everywhere else because they're so dodgy."  This stuff about the scamming in terms of shutting down a store and claiming there's massive discounts due to that, then opening next door with exactly the same prices as were in the closing down sale, that might make people reassess that assumption.

If we find ourselves in the drop zone, I could see them chucking in Beardsley for the last few games to motivate the players etc, as worked so fantastically with Shearer.

Would probably be better to chuck him on to the pitch.

If we find ourselves in the drop zone, I could see them chucking in Beardsley for the last few games to motivate the players etc, as worked so fantastically with Shearer.

Would probably be better to chuck him on to the pitch.

And chuck Carver in the crowd.

A couple of cousins of mine played against Beardsley in one of those club-organised games you can buy a couple of years ago. Said Beardsley scored 6 goals in the space of 10 minutes without breaking sweat. One of them's a decent athlete in his early 20s and said Beardsley did him for pace time after time.

So yeah, I'd play him.

Thing is if you buy better players you need a better coach. When you buy players with resale potential it seems crackers that we don't put the right coaching staff in place to further develop them.

Personally I think if someone comes in to buy the club Ashley will probably snap their hand off. You can imagine that he will have a parting gift like keeping control of the retail outlets and signing long term deals to his advantage over the kits and the sports direct hoardings.

I just can't get my head around the way he runs the club when he is apparently an astute businessman. We ensure we have the right people in situ to do jobs at work effectively. If they under perform it is managed. I can't imagine Penfold sitting down and giving Carver a talking to......

Thing is if you buy better players you need a better coach. When you buy players with resale potential it seems crackers that we don't put the right coaching staff in place to further develop them.

Personally I think if someone comes in to buy the club Ashley will probably snap their hand off. You can imagine that he will have a parting gift like keeping control of the retail outlets and signing long term deals to his advantage over the kits and the sports direct hoardings.

I just can't get my head around the way he runs the club when he is apparently an astute businessman. We ensure we have the right people in situ to do jobs at work effectively. If they under perform it is managed. I can't imagine Penfold sitting down and giving Carver a talking to......

I totally agree, I just mean that a couple of better players could lead to an extra 5 points or so, safety assured a bit early and job done. Even with Carver.

I totally agree, I just mean that a couple of better players could lead to an extra 5 points or so, safety assured a bit early and job done. Even with Carver.

I'm not convinced Carver could lead one of the top 4 to safety tbh.

Carver's leaving out proper central midfielders to play full backs and wingers instead. There's not much you can do with someone that clueless in charge.

What Carver does not seem to understand is that abuse from the fans is an indication, if one was needed, that the fans do not accept the standard of football that he has produced thus far.

In the old days when it became clear the manager had lost the support of the fans, he would do the honourable thing and throw himself on his sword.  Nowadays there is no honour in football.

The vast sums of money being paid to even mediocre managers, means the likes of Carver, and previously Pardew, will never do the honourable thing.

Instead they convince themselves the fans know nothing about managing a football team, based soley on the premise that the majority of fans have never played the game professionally, and completely disregard any and all criticism as being ill judged and misguided, whilst ignoring the fact that even a blind man can see what needs to be done to produce positive results.

What Carver does not seem to understand is that abuse from the fans is an indication, if one was needed, that the fans do not accept the standard of football that he has produced thus far.

In the old days when it became clear the manager had lost the support of the fans, he would do the honourable thing and throw himself on his sword.  Nowadays there is no honour in football.

The vast sums of money being paid to even mediocre managers, means the likes of Carver, and previously Pardew, will never do the honourable thing.

Instead they convince themselves the fans know nothing about managing a football team, based soley on the premise that the majority of fans have never played the game professionally, and completely disregard any and all criticism as being ill judged and misguided, whilst ignoring the fact that even a blind man can see what needs to be done to produce positive results.

:thup: Did Carver ever play professionally? Can't be bothered to look it up

:thup: Did Carver ever play professionally? Can't be bothered to look it up

He didn't. He had to retire early when he had a horrible accident from tripping on his tongue while chasing the ball.

Carver's leaving out proper central midfielders to play full backs and wingers instead. There's not much you can do with someone that clueless in charge.

It does make me wonder whether Carver infected Pardew or if it was the other way around.  Similar stupid team selections, similar shitty excuses, same lack of understanding between the players.

We can't be so unlucky to have employed 2 people with almost identical ideas on the game.  One of these cunts has pushed the same crap for so long now that everyone around them apparently believes it.

Either way, the whole coaching staff needs to be replaced.

It does make me wonder whether Carver infected Pardew or if it was the other way around.  Similar stupid team selections, similar shitty excuses, same lack of understanding between the players.

We can't be so unlucky to have employed 2 people with almost identical ideas on the game.  One of these c***s has pushed the same crap for so long now that everyone around them apparently believes it.

Either way, the whole coaching staff needs to be replaced.

Carver doesn't own a brain of his own, he knows no different to what he's been doing with Pardew for the past 4 years. Pardew has done the same thing at every club he's been at and it's about to start again at Palace. In conclusion, they're both shit only Carver is a bit more shit and a bit less snake so will never get away with it like Pardew did.

Made the mistake of going to the pub to watch the Arsenal - Chelsea game with my Arsenal supporting friend. After whining all game about Chelsea and their millions, he decided to impart his eternal wisdom on Newcastle. "You guys have no right to complain. You hounded out Alan Pardew and now you can't complain when you don't have him. You deserve all you get."

Almost walked out, before spending the next 10 min trying to tell him what is really going on at NUFC, but he wasn't really listening.

Is this how the rest of the fucking world looks at us? And I thought the tide was turning with the recent spate of negative articles in the media about Ashley and the positive portrayals of the protests. I guess the average top 4 fat football fan has absolutely zero interest in reading up on the goings-on at other football clubs. I have never in my life gone up to a supporter of another team and told them I know more about their club than they do, and that they should shut up. Unbelievable.

Made the mistake of going to the pub to watch the Arsenal - Chelsea game with my Arsenal supporting friend. After whining all game about Chelsea and their millions, he decided to impart his eternal wisdom on Newcastle. "You guys have no right to complain. You hounded out Alan Pardew and now you can't complain when you don't have him. You deserve all you get."

Almost walked out, before spending the next 10 min trying to tell him what is really going on at NUFC, but he wasn't really listening.

Is this how the rest of the f***ing world looks at us? And I thought the tide was turning with the recent spate of negative articles in the media about Ashley and the positive portrayals of the protests. I guess the average top 4 fat football fan has absolutely zero interest in reading up on the goings-on at other football clubs. I have never in my life gone up to a supporter of another team and told them I know more about their club than they do, and that they should shut up. Unbelievable.

This is it for me, every man and his dog has an opinion on Newcastle, however I've never looked that way at another team. We're made out to be a circus by the Southern based press and everyone thinks they have a right to an opinion and anything and everything that is written about us (usually tired clichés) is the God's honest truth.

I have done quite well with my circle of non-NUFC friends in explaining the situation to them, have changed their perception of the situation. Tbf the most difficult friend I've had to try to get through to is a fellow supporter.

Guest firetotheworks

Is this how the rest of the fucking world looks at us? And I thought the tide was turning with the recent spate of negative articles in the media about Ashley and the positive portrayals of the protests. I guess the average top 4 fat football fan has absolutely zero interest in reading up on the goings-on at other football clubs. I have never in my life gone up to a supporter of another team and told them I know more about their club than they do, and that they should shut up. Unbelievable.

It's staggering like. I'm now at the point that whenever this happens to me and they're arsey about it I just say 'With all due respect, you haven't got the slightest clue what you're talking about'..it doesn't happen as often anymore mind, but I just have absolutely no time to be diplomatic with people who are that pig-headed and ignorant.