John Carver

Guest neesy111

What a fucking joke this is!  Can't say I'm in the least bit surprised and was half expecting it but still feels like a kick in the knackers.

The only circumstance that would make this one atom of acceptable would be if that they announced a manager has signed a pre-contract agreement and will be coming in in the summer. 

So we are gonna start this process all over again once the season finishes when other clubs will be looking for a new "head coach".  What if McLaren gets Derby promoted?  WTF is gonna tempt him to jump to our titanic?  "So Frank, a few months ago we got a vibe you could be interested in the newcastle hotseat, I'm sure we just need to click our fingers and you'll swim across the channel to get to us because we've had so many applicants.  Oh, just ignore the fact liverpool/everton/any club run with some ambition would like to talk to you.  I'm sure you'll pick us...." 

I'd rather be rid of the fat cunt and watch us playing in the fizzy pop league for eternity that suffer this anymore.

Still bet come the next home game SJP will be full of 'support the team not the regime' wankers.

According to Charnley there would be no more "jobs for the boys" type of appointments. But if the Mail article (debatable I know like) is to be believed is says "The former England manager has a close relationship with Carr and has connections with the club’s hierarchy." Mmmmm..... Sounds like that's exactly what you're doing dickhead!!!!

And would just goes to show that all the talk of doing due diligence to make certain they get the "right" man was a load of nonsense if they end up appointing their mate.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno why anyone's that arsed to be honest. He won't last long, he simply cannot last long. Getting rid of Pardew with the biggest hurdle, everything after is a path to salvation.

Just makes me want to hope we lose every game still. I cannot and should not be required to root for this Carver thing!

:lol: We lose every game we go down.

God. GOD that game vs Pardew. God! Fuck I'm already fucking pissed off.

Just makes me want to hope we lose every game still. I cannot and should not be required to root for this Carver thing!

We will lose the Pardew game and they will finish above us.

San, man. San.

Man.

San! So many slow motion fist pumps in our future, man. So fucking many.

That Mirror journalist in the immediate days following Pardew's departure said that McLaren was their first choice which if true shows that the last month has been another deliberate exercise to mislead the fans.

If the ultimate goal was ridding ourselves of Pardew, who cares?

The goal was to get rid of Pardew because there couldn't be anyone worse. They found a way.

God. GOD that game vs Pardew. God! f*** I'm already f***ing p*ssed off.

Why is that the ultimate goal? The ultimate goal is a successful football club.

Guest firetotheworks

San, man. San.

Man.

WE WANTED THIS, MAN! I couldn't give a shit if they beat us, stop caring about that prick. He's gone! That's the most important thing!

I dunno why anyone's that arsed to be honest. He won't last long, he simply cannot last long. Getting rid of Pardew with the biggest hurdle, everything after is a path to salvation.

If that salvation is Schteve, I don't think I'd want it.

The very least we deserve, if the club aren't going to bother trying to win anything, is someone who will bring interesting football/some form of likeability.

He does neither.

Alright, he's not Alan Pardew, but he's a bit like a shock text message off the lottery only to find you've won £2.10.

Will he join the ranks of caretaker managers who relegate their clubs?

Has an assistant manager ever achived anything once taking over?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/11/5/1257445093217/chris-hughton-001.jpg

San, man. San.

Man.

WE WANTED THIS, MAN! I couldn't give a shit if they beat us, stop caring about that prick. He's gone! That's the most important thing!

:lol: No it isn't! It's half of the most important thing. The most important thing is to get a good manager in while the team has/had so much talent. You said it yourself when you were posting fantasy lineups. They didn't do that. They have no interest in doing that.

San, man. San.

Man.

:lol: I'm trying to cushion the blow. Early acceptance

I can fucking see it. I can see it like it already happened.

No question about it.

Why is that the ultimate goal? The ultimate goal is a successful football club.

I'm not saying that it is or should be, but that seemed to be the prevailing opinion when it looked like Pardew was on his way out. "Anyone but him!" Well, clearly not.