John Carver

Guest neesy111

As if we are getting someone in the summer. :lol:

It's just the latest nonsense to cling to for the deluded.

The manager we get next summer will be the REAL test.

Of course, it's pretty hard to assess the decision in isolation. Getting a good manager in the summer would justify anything.

Even if we believe for one mental second that we have some cracking managers lined up for the summer, what on earth has convinced them that Carver has enough about him to keep us out of trouble? His record isn't just poor, it's abysmal. He doesn't even have any experience of losing every week.

We could be in real trouble here, and I'm starting to hope we are too.

I guess they just think we're more than likely to stay up, and Carver's here already.

Wonder if he'll offer The Gallowgate out if he starts getting stick.

What will the press make of "get out of our Club, you fat Geordie b******, get out of our club".

That'd be amazing tbh. Would ram the "don't like Cockneys" tag down their throats.

Good luck with that. It'll just be used to say we're impossible to please.

Wonder if he'll offer The Gallowgate out if he starts getting stick.

What will the press make of "get out of our Club, you fat Geordie b******, get out of our club".

That'd be amazing tbh. Would ram the "don't like Cockneys" tag down their throats.

As if our fans would ever contemplate singing that.

Guest firetotheworks

Even if we believe for one mental second that we have some cracking managers lined up for the summer, what on earth had convinced them that Carver has enough about him to keep us out of trouble? His record isn't just poor, it's abysmal. He doesn't even have experience, even if it was experience of losing every week.

We could be in real trouble here, and I'm starting to hope we are too.

Simply, and you already know this, they're fucking clueless where football's concerned. They employed Joe Kinnear, twice. When the entire world was laughing at the crap that he came out with, Ashley, Lambias and now Charnley were listening intently and taking it all on board. It's cheap and it's easy.

A bad outcome all round, because it’s clear from the way it’s been handled that the Board were hoping not to appoint Carver. I’m not sure how well he’s going to be able to motivate the team.

Still, it was always going to be difficult to get the best possible long-term candidate half way through the season.

This idea of hounding Pardew out of his job as soon as possible looks even worse than it did at the time.

There's only so many times you can use the words 'disgraceful', 'embarrassing' and 'pitiful' before they lose some if their impact. These c***s make so many poor decisions that the outright condemnation today doesn't seem to mean as much any more. Decisions like this one should be f***ing pilloried by every single fan but we're so used to slamming the gormless c***s that another slap in the face barely registers any more.

Anyone who renews for next season needs their heads checking. Paying hundreds of pounds a year to be treated with staggering contempt. They're laughing at you. And you're paying them to do it.

Well said sir. :thup:

Sadly those who need to heed the message will ignore it and continue to be willingly, viiolently shafted (or loyal as they will maintain).

Fucking disgusted even though it was inevitable. They can all go and fuck themselves utter cunts! I'm so glad that i'm going to be on vacation until the middle of april so i don't have to follow this soap opera shit. Fuck off!

We've already dropped 2 places down the league since this prick's been in charge which means he's already cost us £2.4m in prize money. Once Palace pass us next month the Pardew compo will have 'vanished'. Lush.

A bad outcome all round, because it’s clear from the way it’s been handled that the Board were hoping not to appoint Carver. I’m not sure how well he’s going to be able to motivate the team.

Still, it was always going to be difficult to get the best possible long-term candidate half way through the season.

This idea of hounding Pardew out of his job as soon as possible looks even worse than it did at the time.

He left of his own accord! :lol:

John Carver, said: "This is a proud day for me.

"I have worked with, and learnt from, the best manager that this football club has had in Sir Bobby Robson. I know what this Club means to this city and its people. I believe in my players and the staff I have around me.

"I am confident that we can deliver exciting successful football and look forward with relish to my role as head coach of this great football club."

I think I hate him more than Pardew already. Knew he'd be smug and self congratulatory about it.

Could this guy insult Bobby Robson any further? Just rinsing the guy's name for his own selfish gain. A complete ogre of a thing this Carver.

We've already dropped 2 places down the league since this prick's been in charge which means he's already cost us £2.4m in prize money. Once Palace pass us next month the Pardew compo will have 'vanished'. Lush.

Everton and West Brom will also finish ahead of us so that's a few more places at least.

I'm sorry, but when did it become a thing to wait until the summer for a new manager? With it being difficult mid-season? Never heard of this before.

Serves them right. Penny-wise, pound-foolish.

Everton and West Brom will also finish ahead of us so that's a few more places at least.

Personally I think we were going to drop down the table even if Pardew was still here. I doubt he'd have got better results in any of the games Carver has lost.

So they've spent four weeks talking to managers and realised that no one wants to come in and work for a pittance and not being allowed to be too successful. Shocking :lol:

Or they've spent 4 weeks making it appear as if they were trying to get a manager in, all the time knowing that Carver would be the man.