John Carver

Guest neesy111

They have ignored these "targets" in the past though.

Absolute nothing happened to Pardew when he didn't finish in the top 10 so why am I going to believe it'll be any different for Carver.

I can't help but think that if we stay up Carver will be given the job full time.

"This is a proud day for me"

Carver talking like he's got the gig full time there. Unless he thinks it's an honour to be made caretaker manager for 16 games.

Guy's been a #2 his entire English coaching career. Now he's being given a chance at the top spot. Why wouldn't he be proud?

I can't help but think that if we stay up Carver will be given the job full time.

If we scrape by and barely manage to survive like everyone's anticipating, what incentive would they have to keep him full-time? Ashley doesn't have any ambition for this club, but he certainly doesn't want us relegated.

Only way I see Carver getting the job permanently is if he somehow keeps us up convincingly, i.e. winning more than a couple token matches.

Even if we believe for one mental second that we have some cracking managers lined up for the summer, what on earth has convinced them that Carver has enough about him to keep us out of trouble? His record isn't just poor, it's abysmal. He doesn't even have any experience of losing every week.

We could be in real trouble here, and I'm starting to hope we are too.

We've still got everyone below us in the table to play against, bar Burnley. Has to get it right against Hull City or it's already grim imo.

Well he's up against an equally gormless manager so there must be a chance of a win against Hull.

They have ignored these "targets" in the past though.

Absolute nothing happened to Pardew when he didn't finish in the top 10 so why am I going to believe it'll be any different for Carver.

Well of course, you have to 'ignore' targets unless you want to sack the manager. Which they obviously didn't.