Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/187/explanationa.jpg

Perch is not in a good position either? Stood unmarked on the 6 yard box with a free pass ffs :lol:

He's coming in really fast, he'd not have composure to slot it in. You can't see that in the pic, though. :lol:

I dunno about the television, but it was f***ing obvious from sitting in the stand behind the goal that Perch was in a glorious position to score. All Ranger had to do was slot it to him and he'd have scored - it's not like he was running in like a f***ing roadrunner :lol:

The problem with our strikers (and that's all that featured today - Best, Ranger, Shola and Lovenkrands) is that they don't lift their f***ing heads enough. There were a number of opportunities in those closing stages whereby if the attacker in question had glanced up and saw his options, we'd have been laughing away with 3 points.

spot on  :-*

Barton was f***ing shocking in the centre that half.

Yep, needs time on the ball and doesn't have any real physical presence. The RW is the right place for him.

Didn't see the game, but this is spot on for me in general.

Guest prestonj1989

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/187/explanationa.jpg

Perch is not in a good position either? Stood unmarked on the 6 yard box with a free pass ffs :lol:

He's coming in really fast, he'd not have composure to slot it in. You can't see that in the pic, though. :lol:

I dunno about the television, but it was f***ing obvious from sitting in the stand behind the goal that Perch was in a glorious position to score. All Ranger had to do was slot it to him and he'd have scored - it's not like he was running in like a f***ing roadrunner :lol:

The problem with our strikers (and that's all that featured today - Best, Ranger, Shola and Lovenkrands) is that they don't lift their f***ing heads enough. There were a number of opportunities in those closing stages whereby if the attacker in question had glanced up and saw his options, we'd have been laughing away with 3 points.

To be fair, Jose done the same thing last week, could have rolled it to Best for a tap in but went for goal and missed.

Just back from the game so here are is my view. Before the game I said we would lose 2-1 so I'm happy with a point, but disappointed at how we couldn't hold on to a win naturally. I thought Danny Simpson did reasonably well, he put some good blocks in and tackles, but needed to close Lennon down more often. Coloccini scored a great goal, the control on the chest then the placement was tremendous. Leon Best did ok, but needed to be more alert when we had the chance to start play quickly. It was hard to say whether Ranger could have squared it for Lovenkrands but he was extremely close to going in. Guthrie harried the play along with Barton and most passes went to our team (one superb cross field ball by Guthrie to Gutierrez in the second half). Gutierrez had a good game causing Hutton many a problem (how easy did he go down as well?!). Van Der Vaart is obviously talented, but the amount of moaning was getting tiresome. Positives and negatives, but its another point toward safety.

Cracking game. Colo flawless, Williamson - though I've hammered him recently - not far behind and I thought Barton and to a slightly lesser extent Guthrie were excellent, particularly with Nolan a passenger at times.

Just so frustrating re Ranger. I'm not sure it was even possible for him to score from that angle, but with players up in support...

Total lack of awareness, and I don't know if that sort of thing can be learned.

What was Colo's goal like?

big cross in from Guthrie, midway inside the Spurs half, out to the far side where Coloccini was waiting just inside the area. Chest down, Hutton on his arse, one bounce, smack on the half volley, bottom corner, goal, bob's ur uncle, and i'm your daddy.

big cross in from Guthrie, midway inside the Spurs half, out to the far side where Coloccini was waiting just inside the area. Chest down, one bounce, smack on the half volley, keeper got hands to it but only pushes it downwards, ball bounces into the bottom corner, goal, bob's ur uncle.

Fixed.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Couldn't believe it when Colo sprinted 70 yards in the 2nd half to get into the area. It was almost written for the ball to land at his feet for a 2nd, however, it was over hit and Barton collected (and shot over).

big cross in from Guthrie, midway inside the Spurs half, out to the far side where Coloccini was waiting just inside the area. Chest down, one bounce, smack on the half volley, keeper got hands to it but only puches it downwards, ball bounces into the bottom corner, goal, bob's ur uncle.

Fixed.

FFS you pedant! I was just summarizing innit

big cross in from Guthrie, midway inside the Spurs half, out to the far side where Coloccini was waiting just inside the area. Chest down, one bounce, smack on the half volley, keeper got hands to it but only pushes it downwards, ball bounces into the bottom corner, goal, bob's ur uncle.

Fixed.

Just giving an accurate account... crap goal keeping rather than wonder volley.

Fixed.

Bollocks to that. It was a well struck shot from a centre half that the keeper could do no more about!

Fixed.

Bollocks to that. It was a well struck shot from a centre half that the keeper could do no more about!

Rubbish. 9 times out of 10 Cudicini would have saved that. Just a one-off error. We got lucky.

Quick, who can we blame?

Nolan did fuck all and our strikers need to be scoring at least one of those chances. Still, nothing we didn't already know.

Well done lads :clap:

EH? Nolan was all over the pitch and grafted his stots off and barton and Colocinni were outstanding.

Brilliant game just disapointing to concede so late.

Guthrie and Ameobi only 2 who had me riled, along with the fact that some of our players fitness levels aren't good enough, need to see out 90 minutes.

Fixed.

Rubbish. 9 times out of 10 Cudicini would have saved that. Just a one-off error. We got lucky.

Give him the credit man! It's his birthday and was his 100th appearance for the club you cold hearted meanie  :weep:

Erm...nowt lucky about it actually. It was a fine ball from Guthrie to find Colo in a great position (no mean feat in itself). Excellent technique to bring it down and have a pop. Lucky? my ass