Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

I'd love us to qualify for Europe, doubly so if it was at the expense of the unwashed.

I also think that we could mitigate the effect on our squad by only fielding youth players in the Milk cup.  That way we can use our reserves for the Euro group stages then use our main squad after that.

After all, no one cares about the league cup, even the smoggies won it FFS!

I think we should wait until the league reaches it final countdown tbh. Think we might be always the pretenders this season with regards to Europe. If we do qualify its safe to say we'll rock the night away. :pow:

It is in my pinion mad to say we don't have a chance of qualifying especially with some of the players we have waiting to come back, however i don't think we will because we don't have great depth and we don't have the best record with injuries plus other teams will pick up form in my opinion. A top ten finish would be brilliant and more than most expected so if we achieve that and second season syndrome doesn't take affect next year then witha some good additions to the squad it is a possibility. Though still i would be happpy with survival.

overall gotta be over the moon with this season.

but IF we'd got more from Blackpool, Wigan, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke at home and hadnt condeded two injury time equalisers against scum n spuds...

Think that word is made for our club, tbh. That or 'why'.

but IF we'd got more from Blackpool, Wigan, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke at home and hadnt condeded two injury time equalisers against scum n spuds...

Think that word is made for our club, tbh. That or 'why'.

and 'argh'

...we'd be called Manchester United instead. :lol:

Of course it'd be nice to play in europe again, and a big plus for retaining players like carroll and tiote as well as attracting a better standard of player next year. However i feel we're at least a season away from being a europa leage team, with a thin squad the games would take their toll next season.

Lets walk before we try to run.