What's your worst ever footballing experience?

oldtype

http://www.timesofmalta.com.mt/media/serve/20060615---wor_01.jpg

Comes to mind as well (Germany´s injury time winner at the world cup 2006). Remember my mum screaming "PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS" as the ball went flying in. She has all sorts of dreams about the Nazis chasing her in the woods and such so naturally she didn´t take the loss very well.

http://www.timesofmalta.com.mt/media/serve/20060615---wor_01.jpg

Comes to mind as well (Germany´s injury time winner at the world cup 2006). Remember my mum screaming "PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS" as the ball went flying in. She has all sorts of dreams about the Nazis chasing her in the woods and such so naturally she didn´t take the loss very well.

:kinnear:

Chelsea FA Cup Semi-Final defeat. Was my first time at Wembley, actually my first time in London and first time at a game on my own. Our fans were fucking amazing but didn't make it any less painful.

Relegation is actually quite low down.

Partizan at Home, the Cup finals, the 2000 semi final and the Marseille games all rank higher in terms of gut-wrenchingness.

Oh and the Shearer 97 injury.

Newcastle related I´d say Bobby´s sacking and getting knocked out by Partizan hurt the most.

I´d name the relegation but in hindsight it wasn´t that bad, I really enjoyed our season in the championship and it made me appreciate football and being in the premiership much more. The other two still hurt :(

A lot of Newcastlefans wanted Sir Bobby out at the time though?

Was definitely something not going as well as before, during that Summer would have been the time. Not 2 months in when decent options were all the more limited. The parallel can always be made with Liverpool and Benitez. They put themselves in a good position to build by getting a right person in.

He should hav been given to the end of the season. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have took us to 14th like.

I will admit i didn't stay for the Lap of honour in 2004. But it was because we were so used to his football it did hurt. However, i was only 10 and a half 11 at the time so i didn't really understand.

We only have our selves to blame. But it did hurt when he was sacked.

Guest toonlass

The FA cup finals in 1998 and 1999 were hard to take, as was losing the 12 point lead. I honestly didn't think we would, I still remember thinking "No, we'll just hang on".

newcastle's relegation season.

my football life:

fractured tib and knee dislocation. my fault for not wearing shin guards.

Relegation in '89 and the cup final ten years later. Listening to the man united fans singing cheer up alan shearer at the final whistle that day haunts me to this day. I know we've sung similar things on many occasions, but i honestly can't describe how f***ed off i was that day.

Recently, that Liverpool game where we got tonked 5-1 at SJP. Kinnear as manager, team heading for oblivion. We could easily have conceded double figures that day in an embarassing mismatch.

1-0 defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup in Shearer's last season.

Thought it was going to the perfect end to his career here, was supposed to be 'our year' :(

Why on earth did you think that?

Shearer's last year at Newcastle, leading Newcastle to their first trophy in x years, it just seemed perfect :dontknow:

Times that i cried when i was a bit younger, i think, include: losing to Wolves in the FA Cup, Sir Bobby getting sacked, the FA Cup finals, getting knocked out by Partizan.

Partizan was properly gut-wrenching as i was on holiday in Spain at the time, a bit away from civilisation. Came across an English newspaper which was reviewing the weekend matches (we'd then lost the following game at home to Birmingham)... i can remember my Dad reading the match report out - as if it were yesterday: "... and Newcastle, who crashed out of Europe in midweek!!!!???". I can still remember the tone and pitch of which my Dad read it out. Both of us were silent for the duration of the day and for most of the rest of the holiday. :lol: Couldn't believe it.

However, nothing comes close to Sporting Lisbon. On my 14th birthday that, n'all. Horrible - absolutely fucking horrible. Alkmaar was bad too but the sheer rage at Roeder's pathetic, pitiful tactics overshadowed the disappointment somewhat.

Keegan's (second) resignation comes second. The start of the Ashley downfall.