What's your worst ever footballing experience?

oldtype

Hughton getting sacked the second worst thing to ever happen NUFC?  f***ing hell.

:facepalm:

Was it not obvious enough that I just included things that have happened while I've been watching you [insert appropriate insult here]?

"Collymore closing in!!!!! Kevin Keegan hangs his head, he's devastated!!!!" - I cried all night, was only 10.

Selling Robert and Bellamy, they reignited my passion for NUFC which had been doused by Dalglish and Gullit.

Webb's blatant miss of Thomas Gravesen's pole-axe on Bernard, which knocked us out of the title race to all intents and purposes.

2-1 at Man City this year, for the sheer injustice, the lack of class and self-respect of their side/fans and HBA. Hadn't been so excited about a player for years.

Selling Gary Speed really upset me, I thought it was a terribly short-sighted and disrespectful move.

Appointing Joe Kinnear.

Siging Michael Owen (always hated him).

Many of our results made me really despair but in terms of what nearly made me give up football was the England vs Germany game with Lampard's goal. It is frustrating when something so obvious like that happens and then to hear Blatter come out with the usual rubbish was just too painful.

Oh ya the De Jong - HBA incident made me sick too especially coz he went unpunished and then to hear pundits after pundits talking about how football is a man's game or Mancini cunt insisting that De Jong is a fair player...that made me absolutely livid  :rant:

Hughton getting sacked the second worst thing to ever happen NUFC?  f***ing hell.

:facepalm:

Was it not obvious enough that I just included things that have happened while I've been watching you [insert appropriate insult here]?

Even still, man.

England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

:lol:

I know a lot of people don't have time for the national team now but it still rankles with me every time the team fails.

The relegation I hoped wouldn't happen but deep inside I knew would happen. Not qualifying for Euro 2008 I couldn't bear to think wouldn't happen. I love the Euros, I love the World Cups, I love international football.

When England lose an important game it hurts me more than when Newcastle lose a game. And I love this club a lot. Maybe I have my priorities wrong, I don't know. It's disappointing to see the amount of people who have just given up on England because we're down at the minute.

I'm with you, not that I support England more, just that I see international tournaments as the pinacle of the 'pyramid of football' with international selection as one of the main motivation for players to perform in the domestic leagues (though I know that in reality there are probably more important factors). The fact that an international tournaments start with a drawn out qualifying process also builds up the anticipation and the 2/4 years of waiting for the next one doesn't help either

1-0 defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup in Shearer's last season.

Thought it was going to the perfect end to his career here, was supposed to be 'our year' :(

Man, I remember that. My first truly painful moment as a Newcastle fan.

Anyway, having had a night to process my pain...

"The Agony Scale"

Stevenage - 1

Losing 5-1 to Birmingham in the Cup - 2

Nigel De Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa - 3

Away leg at AZ Alkmaar or however you're supposed to spell their name - 4

Shearer's last FA Cup match against Chelsea - 5

Keegan walking - 6

Losing to Uruguay at the World Cup - 7

Joe Kinnear - 8

Hughton sacking - 9

Newcastle getting relegated - 10

Having the f***ing blind linesman convinced the f***ing retarded referee that a non-foul from outside of the box constituted a penalty and then getting my hopes up with a late equalizer only to see three of our lads consecutively bottle it John Terry style in the shootout. In the semi finals of the Asian Cup. Against Japan. Have I mentioned that I don't like them yet? - FIVE MILLION

Stevenage was far, far worse than losing to Birmingham 5-1 in the cup. By miles and miles.

1. Watching that fucking 4-3 game.

2. That Blackburn game too.

3. Keegan Walking (1st time).

I must be more immune now as I was only 9/10 at the time.  I remember after the Liverpool game going in a strop, ripping all toon posters off my wall and hanging my head in my hands sitting on the bottom stair.  Never been so gutted.

Hate Collymore.  The cunt.

man u FA cup semi-final, my first game not at SJP. the way our players put in about the same effort as the man u fans, easily the most gutting match i've been to, but at the same time, probably the moment i realised that i would watch this club whatever happens.

Was that the Cardiff semi? Strangely I've opposite feelings, I was only 13/14 at the time, it was like you my first game away. Can't remember much of the match but can remember being completely overwhelmed at how amazing our support was. Even though we were 3-0 down before it, I can just remember the whole Newcastle end going absolutely mental when Shola scored.

Think I just enjoyed the occasion being young and it being my first away game.

All of the above, so i'll not cover old ground. One that sky still show now that makes me want to boot the telly over is MO rubbing his hands after strolling thru our inept defence under Gullit. Might have forgiven him if he'd shown that amount of effort for us, vile little prick.

I don't think I even got off my seat when Shola got that goal. Horrendous performance and a bloody nightmare place to travel to.

1-0 defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup in Shearer's last season.

Thought it was going to the perfect end to his career here, was supposed to be 'our year' :(

Man, I remember that. My first truly painful moment as a Newcastle fan.

Anyway, having had a night to process my pain...

"The Agony Scale"

Stevenage - 1

Losing 5-1 to Birmingham in the Cup - 2

Nigel De Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa - 3

Away leg at AZ Alkmaar or however you're supposed to spell their name - 4

Shearer's last FA Cup match against Chelsea - 5

Keegan walking - 6

Losing to Uruguay at the World Cup - 7

Joe Kinnear - 8

Hughton sacking - 9

Newcastle getting relegated - 10

Having the f***ing blind linesman convinced the f***ing retarded referee that a non-foul from outside of the box constituted a penalty and then getting my hopes up with a late equalizer only to see three of our lads consecutively bottle it John Terry style in the shootout. In the semi finals of the Asian Cup. Against Japan. Have I mentioned that I don't like them yet? - FIVE MILLION

Stevenage was far, far worse than losing to Birmingham 5-1 in the cup. By miles and miles.

It's relative, obviously. Stevenage was really, really, shit when it happened, but within a few hours I wasn't really bothered.

Guest pintofscottsellers

England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

:lol:

I know a lot of people don't have time for the national team now but it still rankles with me every time the team fails.

The relegation I hoped wouldn't happen but deep inside I knew would happen. Not qualifying for Euro 2008 I couldn't bear to think wouldn't happen. I love the Euros, I love the World Cups, I love international football.

When England lose an important game it hurts me more than when Newcastle lose a game. And I love this club a lot. Maybe I have my priorities wrong, I don't know. It's disappointing to see the amount of people who have just given up on England because we're down at the minute.

im the opposite, when newcaste lose a game im in a bad mood for the rest of the day and it irratates me all through the week. wheres with England i could give a shite, choose not to watch them in a stadium full of cockneys.  Theres no exitement watching England, havnt been interested since shearer retired. I hate it when theres an international break and theres no match to go to on a weekend. I dont mind watching them in the tournamnets but still id rather newcastle won something than England

Guest Thump 1892

Fulham game. Acceptance had set in by the time of the Villa fixture.

Probably this.

I was there and was raging when I left SJP.

All of the above, so i'll not cover old ground. One that sky still show now that makes me want to boot the telly over is MO rubbing his hands after strolling thru our inept defence under Gullit. Might have forgiven him if he'd shown that amount of effort for us, vile little prick.

Think that was the game before Gullit actually took charge.

Fulham 4-1 (Souness) and Sheff Utd 1-0 (Roeder) both at home were pretty depressing worrying times.

Has to be the relegation season for me seeing a bunch of gutless spineless twats wearing the shirt any young lad in Newcastle dreams to wear and making a mockery of it with half-hearted s**** displays. The 08/09 group make me love the current group even more because it's great to have a team that aren't the best but you know will give 100% for the club.

:sadnod:

Think that was the game before Gullit actually took charge.

Yes he was there, but sat in the stands and only spoke to the players at half time... all the scoring had been done already.

I remember that game very well, was a very traumatic watch.

Loads of contenders over the years, but for the actual experience, getting relegated at Villa Park was worst for me. I had a canny trip there and never really considered that we might actually get relegated, and when we did it was the culmination of a dreadful season. It was only at the time that it was properly shit mind, as in retrospect I loved the season in the Championship. :lol:

The trip back from Cardiff after the Semi Final was absolutely rubbish too as it took forever and I had a rotten sore throat so didn't want to fall asleep in case I snored on the coach. :blush:

Special mentions for the gigantic rages that Partizan & Lisbon caused.