What's your worst ever footballing experience?

oldtype

Semi-final defeat to Chelsea, mackems in the rain, Lisbon and Marseille though I wasn't at those. KK leaving the second time.

Fa cup finals weren't that bad as never expected anything, charity shield was pretty depressing.

Belgium at Hampden as a Scotland fan. 2-0 up, they equalised in very dying seconds and probably stopped us qualifying.

@someone, people thought Bobby's time was soon up, but dont many at all wanted him sacked 5 games into the season.

Lisbon definitely made me sick after such a positive start, and the way we'd played the entire tournament.  The other would have to be Souness' appointment which I think everyone knew at the time immediately spelled the end of us challenging for the league title or even just the top 4.

Partizan is among the times I've been most angry with football. Such a waste of a season.

Yeap. Probably THE most angry for me for the same reasons. Was just sickening and we never recovered all season long.

I wept like a little girl when Uruguay crushed Australia 3-0 in 2001. THE worst I have ever felt about football. Not helped by the fact I was watching the game at the home of a Boer mate whose Dad says "You're taking it too seriously". :rant:

Tears welled as I sat alone in my living room watching the insipid performance at Villa Park - I honestly thought we would stay up, my state of denial was exploded...

Guest Milburnthedog

Chucking the league away in 1996. Cantona in the 0-1 home defeat was terrible, the 4-3 to the scousers was as bad then came the capitulation at Blackburn in the last few minutes and the league was gone. The drive home from both Liverpool and Blackburn was bloody awful.

Guest toonlass

Chucking the league away in 1996. Cantona in the 0-1 home defeat was terrible, the 4-3 to the scousers was as bad then came the capitulation at Blackburn in the last few minutes and the league was gone. The drive home from both Liverpool and Blackburn was bloody awful.

I snapped my indicator lever off on my car on the way home from the 4-3 Liverpool game, was so damn annoyed  :lol:

Has to be the relegation season for me seeing a bunch of gutless spineless twats wearing the shirt any young lad in Newcastle dreams to wear and making a mockery of it with half-hearted shite displays. The 08/09 group make me love the current group even more because it's great to have a team that aren't the best but you know will give 100% for the club.

Has to be the relegation season for me seeing a bunch of gutless spineless twats wearing the shirt any young lad in Newcastle dreams to wear and making a mockery of it with half-hearted shite displays. The 08/09 group make me love the current group even more because it's great to have a team that aren't the best but you know will give 100% for the club.

:thup:

1) 1996 - Losing to Blackburn 2-1 after being 1-0 up with 10 minutes left. Threw away the game, and the Premiership, in a way that felt sadly inevitable.

2) 1974 - England 1, Poland 1. Failing to qualify for the World Cup, which at the time seemed unthinkable. On pressure, England should have won by six.

3) 1980ish - Exeter 4, Newcastle 0. A cold night, a long journey, a horrible little ground, getting hammered by a team from D3. Nuff said.

1) 1996 - Losing to Blackburn 2-1 after being 1-0 up with 10 minutes left. Threw away the game, and the Premiership, in a way that felt sadly inevitable.

2) 1974 - England 1, Poland 1. Failing to qualify for the World Cup, which at the time seemed unthinkable. On pressure, England should have won by six.

3) 1980ish - Exeter 4, Newcastle 0. A cold night, a long journey, a horrible little ground, getting hammered by a team from D3. Nuff said.

:(  fkin hell, i was at teh 1-1 draw at sjp. and then listened to that 4-0 replay on the radio. that was when I first realised what being a Newcastle fan is all about, ( heart ache)

Sir Bobby getting the chop was up there. Likewise the Lisbon result.

The Hughton/Pardew saga was embarrassing, likewise when Keegan went (the second time).

Pretty much the majority of our managerial appointments, albeit at the time (Souness, Roeder, Kinnear, Hughton, Pardew).

1-0 defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup in Shearer's last season.

Thought it was going to the perfect end to his career here, was supposed to be 'our year' :(

Man, I remember that. My first truly painful moment as a Newcastle fan.

Anyway, having had a night to process my pain...

"The Agony Scale"

Stevenage - 1

Losing 5-1 to Birmingham in the Cup - 2

Nigel De Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa - 3

Away leg at AZ Alkmaar or however you're supposed to spell their name - 4

Shearer's last FA Cup match against Chelsea - 5

Keegan walking - 6

Losing to Uruguay at the World Cup - 7

Joe Kinnear - 8

Hughton sacking - 9

Newcastle getting relegated - 10

Having the f***ing blind linesman convinced the f***ing retarded referee that a non-foul from outside of the box constituted a penalty and then getting my hopes up with a late equalizer only to see three of our lads consecutively bottle it John Terry style in the shootout. In the semi finals of the Asian Cup. Against Japan. Have I mentioned that I don't like them yet? - FIVE MILLION

Guest Stephen927

England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

:lol:

I know a lot of people don't have time for the national team now but it still rankles with me every time the team fails.

The relegation I hoped wouldn't happen but deep inside I knew would happen. Not qualifying for Euro 2008 I couldn't bear to think wouldn't happen. I love the Euros, I love the World Cups, I love international football.

When England lose an important game it hurts me more than when Newcastle lose a game. And I love this club a lot. Maybe I have my priorities wrong, I don't know. It's disappointing to see the amount of people who have just given up on England because we're down at the minute.

1-0 defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup in Shearer's last season.

Thought it was going to the perfect end to his career here, was supposed to be 'our year' :(

Man, I remember that. My first truly painful moment as a Newcastle fan.

Anyway, having had a night to process my pain...

"The Agony Scale"

Stevenage - 1

Losing 5-1 to Birmingham in the Cup - 2

Nigel De Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa - 3

Away leg at AZ Alkmaar or however you're supposed to spell their name - 4

Shearer's last FA Cup match against Chelsea - 5

Keegan walking - 6

Losing to Uruguay at the World Cup - 7

Joe Kinnear - 8

Hughton sacking - 9

Newcastle getting relegated - 10

Having the f***ing blind linesman convinced the f***ing retarded referee that a non-foul from outside of the box constituted a penalty and then getting my hopes up with a late equalizer only to see three of our lads consecutively bottle it John Terry style in the shootout. In the semi finals of the Asian Cup. Against Japan. Have I mentioned that I don't like them yet? - OVER 9000

fyp