SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

We're close to missing out on him IMO, Whelan will do anything not to sell to Ashley, if we'd had got in there with an acceptable bid early the player could have forced the issue, now the interest is growing and he will want to see what kind of club comes in for him, hed easily make it as a squad player at a CL club from England, not saying he'd be first team, but he'd get chances and he'd no doubt take them and that's probably better than playing for an unstable, unreliable up and down club like us.

It all looked promising once the season ended, but that early momentum and advantage of having the funds ready hasn't been capitalised and our competition catch up.

if he wants to come here then he can hold out for it, he'll know if we are interested, he'll move for the best offer both prfessionally and financially. speed of the move hasn't so much to do with it as those after him would've made their positions known a while ago.

Charles wants to come and we want him back home. I'd be gutted if he didn't return.

He said that? Or just a hunch?

We wouldn't be going for Zoggy if he didn't want to come here IMO.

Charles wants to come and we want him back home. I'd be gutted if he didn't return.

We're in for Gameiro and he doesn't want to come here. Owen came here and didn't want to be here. Wouldn't be without precedent really.

But this is a completely different case to all those you cited.

We're actively pursuing someone who wanted to leave here in the first place. We wouldn't be on that path if we weren't sure he'd be interested in returning.

I was partly being deliberately contrary, and think you're almost certainly right, but after all my years of supporting this club I don't think anything would surprise me anymore.

My worry is that Zog will have a better option, with everything hinging on Ashley Young. If Villa sell him, they'll try replacing him with Zog and if they keep him, Liverpool will probably be there. We need to hurry up.

If Gervinho says yes first then whether Zog wants to come here or not - and I believe he does - then he's going to miss out. We will only go for one of the two and it looks like Whelan might be wrecking Charlie's chances of coming back.

If Gervinho says yes first then whether Zog wants to come here or not - and I believe he does - then he's going to miss out. We will only go for one of the two and it looks like Whelan might be wrecking Charlie's chances of coming back.

Like Whelan is going to stop him from joining a mid-table club if the right money is offered. Tbh, he can't do a shit anyway. If Zog wants to go, he's off.

Guest firetotheworks

I would have thought N'Zogbia would be the first option over Gervinho now anyway considering N'Zogbia's improvement and quality in this league. He's been mint since he left us.

I would have thought N'Zogbia would be the first option over Gervinho now anyway considering N'Zogbia's improvement and quality in this league. He's been mint since he left us.

Aye. I think Gervinho's a contingency.

Guest taps01

Aye. I think Gervinho's a contingency.

Would be happy with either. 

Although the Latics will sell for £9m to a club playing in the Champions League next season, they have told other suitors – including Sunderland – that the price will be considerably more, as they believe those Premier League clubs are direct rivals in the bid to beat the drop.

Newcastle have been informed it will take them an extra £3m to persuade Wigan to part with their prize asset[...]

Cheeky fucking bastards