SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

£9 million? Really?

Didn't Wigan say that they would only sell him to a Champions League club? With Martinez staying - they'll be doing their very best to keep the likes of N'Zogbia and Rodellega this summer. Neither will be easy to sign, especially for a club that finished 12th.

The whole "9m to champions league club" was just Del Boy talk. Never trust any chairman who openly talks about prices for their players.

He's in the last year of his contract and by all accounts would love a return to the north east, as well as Whelan openingly admitting that he will let him leave, i think 9m is a very fair price.

In fact they would be very lucky to get that sort of money but he's certainly worth it IMO.

:thup:

Courting bids for your star player. You can see where his priorities lie.

its how they survive, and tbf they've done a very good job not only of getting big fee's for their players but also in keeping a semi decent side together while doing it and not being relegated

Surely the point of doing it would start off at surviving and then progress from there? Theyve had enough in the way of transfer fees to start pushing on a bit by now.

Then again, they did waste a chunk on Boselli.

They get an inflated fee on a good player then re-invest it on a few new players every season. They've been lucky/clever enough to unearth atleast one every season.

N'Zog will go this season, then McCarthy next year. Eventually it will catch up with them though.

They get an inflated fee on a good player then re-invest it on a few new players every season. They've been lucky/clever enough to unearth atleast one every season.

N'Zog will go this season, then McCarthy next year. Eventually it will catch up with them though.

Not soon enough

Hope so.

How concrete is our interest?  Anyone really know?

I'd say that the fact we tried a desperate last minute bid in January makes our interest as concrete as a paving slab.

Pardew denied that like.

i just cant see us getting him, maybe's feel a bit different if they would just go all out to get him now....as opposed to piss farting about waiting for gervinho to sign for arsenal

i just cant see us getting him, maybe's feel a bit different if they would just go all out to get him now....as opposed to p*ss farting about waiting for gervinho to sign for arsenal

Why?

Guest magpie99

If we havent put in a bid for Gervinho, it tells me that we have always had other irons in the fire and we are probably negotiating with Wigan regarding the size of the fee.

If Charlie boy has told them he wants to go, but only to us, then Wigan may have no other option but to accept a lower fee considering the year remaining on his contract.

That may well be the hold up.

If we havent put in a bid for Gervinho, it tells me that we have always had other irons in the fire and we are probably negotiating with Wigan regarding the size of the fee.

If Charlie boy has told them he wants to go, but only to us, then Wigan may have no other option but to accept a lower fee considering the year remaining on his contract.

That may well be the hold up.

Fairly sure Whelan said Charlie is on holiday and it will be sorted when he returns.

I don't think we'll not sign him due to cash. He'll not come here if a bigger club bids for him. Simple as that.

Depends what you mean by bigger club. If you mean Man Utd and Chelsea I agree. If you mean the likes of Spurs, Villa and even Liverpool I think he might choose us.