Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Bendtner can be a great striker in the right environment if he just gets some games. We can give him that and I also think he would be the perfect new Carroll for us. Ben Arfa and Zoggy on the wings :-)

Warning: Speculation.

@CaulkinTheTimes

George Caulkin

Pardew presser: "I'd like a wide player, I'd like a striker on top of what we have. That's our focus." #NUFC

20 May via Echofon

( I take focus here to mean the players effecting our first 11)

This is Pardews focus according to the man himself. He also said he is going to play HBA behind a lone striker. Additionally we all know Nolan or Barton wont be dropped. So I think Pardew is looking at something like a 4-3-3 with Barton Nolan and Tiote making up the midfield 3. HBA and ( wide player ) supporting the new striker. The fact that he is looking for a new wide player seems to suggest that he knows Jonas is not productive enough to start in this formation (the front 3 anyway). I hope the mystery man is Balázs Dzsudzsák, he plays left or centrally and is certainly a big deal in his home country(like those Journos on twitter said). Dzsudzsák is also productive enough to play in this system ( 38,11- 47,17- 49,24)

If Gameiro is the 1st choice new front-man it looks quite (sexily) lightweight up front ( Dzsudzsák, Gameiro, HBA)

A man can dream

Bendtner is massively overrated by himself and massively underrated by just about everybody else.

He'd be a 10-15 goal a striker at pretty much any team he went to.

That's how I feel. I still don't want him though.

No to Defoe? Wut?

Although I preferred we'd look elsewhere, out of the three I'd easily prefer Bendtner. People referring to him as the white Ameobi are being ridiculous, he'd be a good first choice striker for most teams.

Defoe is exactly what we dont need.

A player only playing for himself. Massively overrated by the british.

Every fan I've spoken to outside this forum thinks Defoe is class and would be a brilliant signing... including a lot of Newcastle fans.

Every fan I've spoken to outside this forum thinks Defoe is class and would be a brilliant signing... including a lot of Newcastle fans.

Brilliant signing? There's just no way he would be a brilliant signing. Decent signing, but I don't think wage and transfer money would mirror his ability. We need to look elsewhere than ageing, probably not-so-hungry, players.

Puncheon as back up wide player?

From what i've seen of him (which isn't much tbf) i don't see what he could offer. I'd rather give Ferguson and Lua Lua the chance. Matt Phillips on the other hand....

Most people on this forum don't rate anyone who's not foreign or under 24 or both

Guest axel

gianni zuiverloon released by WBA, always thought he was pretty decent.

Wouldn't mind him as Simpson needs someone to challenge him.

Most people on this forum don't rate anyone who's not foreign or under 24 or both

Most people on here seem to only rate a player depending on what Football manager says.

Guest MrSundlofer

Our target (my target) John Guidetti has signed a 4-year contract with Twente. Disappointed we didn't  went for him.

Imo, Bendtner is an above average mid table striker. We are a below average mid table team. I would love to see him on this team.

I think Bendtner would do brilliantly for any team in the league that would play him weekly, for you he would get 20 goals. Nailed on.

Imo, Bendtner is an above average mid table striker. We are a below average mid table team. I would love to see him on this team.

I think Bendtner would do brilliantly for any team in the league that would play him weekly, for you he would get 20 goals. Nailed on.

not too sure but i'd love to see what he could do in a team that didn't want 6 touches in the box before shooting.

No....

I think you are probably right, as a consistent starter in his preferred position and playing more to his strengths would have to see a better player. Not sure how to rein in his ego though.