Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

What are the problems with him taking option 3?  Why is that much worse?

If you were a multi-million pound footballer, would you want to be lugging around a rifle in some god-forsaken corner of the Korean wilderness for two years at age 35, being commanded by kids literally half your age?

What are the problems with him taking option 3?  Why is that much worse?

If you were a multi-million pound footballer, would you want to be lugging around a rifle in some god-forsaken corner of the Korean wilderness for two years at age 35, being commanded by kids literally half your age?

Doing any kind of miltary service at all wouldn't be ideal..

I suppose I just thought it might be better that way as at least he could then have an uninterrupted career.

Is there a big untapped market for Ashley to roll out his merchandise on the back of Park?

Maybe. He's our captain now since Park Jisung retired and the second-biggest name in Korean football.

If any player could generate those mythical "Asian shirt sales," it would probably be him.

NUFC are already the fourth-most supported Premiership club in this country though :lol:

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Is there a big untapped market for Ashley to roll out his merchandise on the back of Park?

Maybe. He's our captain now since Park Jisung retired and the second-biggest name in Korean football.

If any player could generate those mythical "Asian shirt sales," it would probably be him.

NUFC are already the fourth-most supported Premiership club in this country though :lol:

Yeah the much fabled shirt sales :)

We are really fourth? Is there a reason for this?

Yeah the much fabled shirt sales :)

We are really fourth? Is there a reason for this?

http://www.kickette.com/images/uploads/alansmithold.jpg

Fake shirts aren't prevalent in Korea and Japan at all. Our glory hunters aren't skint.

First three are ManU/Liverpool/Arsenal.

Man U is obvious.

Liverpool for people who like to claim they know more about football because of the history.

Arsenal for people who like to claim they care about the stylish football.

Newcastle for masochistic idiots.

RE: Park Chu-Young

His agent has just confirmed that he's turned down offers from Lille and Bordeaux and is saying that they might have "very good news to announce soon."

I think it's well within the realm of possibility that we've entered the race now after Erding turned us down.

His agent has just confirmed that he's turned down offers from Lille and Bordeaux and is saying that they might have "very good news to announce soon."

I think it's well within the realm of possibility that we've entered the race now after Erding turned us down.

:lol:

Hope. Has Ashley taught you nothing?

Ah has he? Thought he had a decent strike rate for AZ last season.

15 goals in 32 games isn´t that bad of a strike rate, even for the Dutch division, but 9 out of those game against the 3 bottom sides (which are atrocious football teams). He has made good progress over the past 12-24 months but still has a lot to do before  he can move to bigger things.

Sigþórsson was huge talent in his youth, I remember when I was like 7 years old playing on the Shell-Tournament (a huge tournament for 6-7 year old kids in Iceland where pretty much all of the clubs in country send teams). I was in  my senior year and proudly captained the B-team to the semi finals where we were knocked out under some absolutely scandalous circumstances. Anyway, Sigþórsson despite only being 5 years old and normally not being eligible for the tournament was allowed to play and was by faaaaaar the best player there. The youngest kid out there and still managed to finish as the tournament´s top scorer for the A-team. Unfortunately he has been very unlucky with injuries during his career and has just recently managed to puzzle himself together to full fitness.

Promising player but still not premier league material.

Wouldn't be surprising at all since all our striking targets so far have been French based.

Wouldn't be surprising at all since all our striking targets so far have been French based.

That would definitely be under the radar. What's he like? I don't really follow French football.

Guest Heneage

Would Bellamy be an option

2 year deal

Still quick, play off Ba

Baggage galore though

He wouldn't. He'd reject any move here, has said so in interviews.