Michael Richardson

Fenham Mag

I'm a sucker for a local lad making it through our ranks, nowt better in football IMO.

Absolutely.

It was actually a point I was going to make when you were having a go at me for 'not wanting' us to sign English players. I personally don't see the difference with say buying in a Londoner that has come through a midlands academy to buying an Ivorian from a Dutch club...whereas a local lad coming through the ranks - that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ha, so much for the comprehensive report. Will ask him tomorrow for more details but his text read:

"He did well, obvious talent but a bit raw. Tried to smack his pen down the middle."

I reckon it'll read:

Loads of energy and enthusiasm - ran all day, timed his runs well. Didn't look to good running with the ball.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Phil K

Exactly why Shola should fill us all with pride.

Beat me to it. I sometimes think Im a voice in the wilderness on Sholas side.

Local lad FFS. Give the poor sod a break. The ONLY scorer since Motherwell, but I don't see criticism of others, but yes, its there for Shola

Local lad FFS. Give the poor sod a break. The ONLY scorer since Motherwell, but I don't see criticism of others, but yes, its there for Shola

Beat you to it... 2 years ago.

:lol: :lol:

... When he was still useless, half assing it with a big grin on his face when we were losing.

Guest bimpy474

Really disappointing if that is the level he is at. 21 isn't he?

He didn't come into pro football until he was nearly 18. He was playing Sunday League.

I've been thinking recently we should do more to try and get the players we loan out as high a level club as possible where they'll play. I'm not sure how active we are in inviting people to come and see our youngsters. Maybe the clubs they go to are their level and they have been loaned to appropriate clubs. Would like to see more Championship loans, though. Even to newly promoted teams.