Sylvain Marveaux

Anderson

I like that we're going after left wingers so we don't have to waste HBA there.  I want to see HBA "in the hole" creating a lot of space, movement, and passing the ball around.

And our beloved captain Nolan?

Can play behind that, if he wants, but I'd rather have Ireland/Barton in the 2nd of the 3 CM positions (Tiote being the DM obviously).

I like that we're going after left wingers so we don't have to waste HBA there.  I want to see HBA "in the hole" creating a lot of space, movement, and passing the ball around.

And our beloved captain Nolan?

Jesus. How many times?

Guest Thump 1892

I know, I know, it's the Mail but still it's a damn good bit of business if true.

Newcastle United are close to agreeing a deal with the midfielder manager Alan Pardew had hoped would provide the crosses for £35million striker Andy Carroll.

Rennes player Sylvain Marveaux has been identified by Newcastle’s chief scout Graham Carr as the man to replace winger Wayne Routledge, who joined Queen’s Park Rangers on loan in the January transfer window.

Marveaux, 24, will be out of contract this summer and is close to signing a pre-contract agreement ahead of a move to St James’ Park.

Meanwhile, Shola Ameobi could be out for up to two months after fracturing his cheekbone against Fulham.

Pardew is considering a possible deal for free agent Jeremie Aliadiere, the former Arsenal and Middlesbrough striker, as he looks to fill the gap.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1353385/Alan-Pardew-set-bring-Rennes-Sylvain-Marveaux-Newcastle-summer.html

Anyones better than Jonas!

Incorrect.

1 goal and 2 assists in 24 appearances isn't good enough for a winger. He just runs with the ball straight into his opponents, doesn't even try to take it past them and can't cross or shoot a ball to save his life. I fail to see the point in him

Doesn't score or assist enough, and his crossing is poor, but lets not go stupidly over the top ok? :lol:

Anyones better than Jonas!

Incorrect.

1 goal and 2 assists in 24 appearances isn't good enough for a winger. He just runs with the ball straight into his opponents, doesn't even try to take it past them and can't cross or shoot a ball to save his life. I fail to see the point in him

Doesn't score or assist enough, and his crossing is poor, but lets not go stupidly over the top ok? :lol:

I don't see which part of my post is over the top?

Guest sicko2ndbest

no one can complain about this if it happens, free transfer= low risk and leaves more cash in the kitty for other areas

The other areas being:

Paying off Ashleys Loan

Makes me feel all warm!

Liverpool wing wizard target Sylvain Marveaux is reportedly close to signing a pre-contract agreement with Newcastle.

The 24-year-old Frenchman emerged as an Anfield target after the arrival of Damien Comolli, director of football strategy for Liverpool, in November.

Comolli was thought to be keen on using his contacts in France to persuade the player that Liverpool was the place to be, but the Daily Mail reports that Marveaux is close to agreeing a deal elsewhere.

Alan Pardew appears to be winning the race for the player, whose contract expires at Rennes in the summer and could sign a pre-contract agreement with a team outside of Ligue 1 immediately.

Marveaux has already seen the Reds in action this season, and was in the director's box for Liverpool's home defeat against Wolves back in November.

Searching for a move away from France, the player hasn't featured for Les Rouges et Noirs since the same month and now appears to be out-in-the-cold at the Route de Lorient.

Just a rehash of the mail story I know.