Leon Best

Godot

Guest sicko2ndbest

So that's Smith Loven Best and probably Ranger

Left only with Ba Cisse and Shola

Need at least 2 new faces to cover AcoN

I wouldn't say he played a big part in us finishing 5th. Not compared to the likes of Ba, Cisse, Coloccini, Cabaye, Krul and Ben Arfa anyways.

We had 25 points from our first 11 games did we not? He was pretty much as good as anyone in those first 11 games for me.

If Ben Arfa played a big part, Best certainly did.

Guest neesy111

I wouldn't say he played a big part in us finishing 5th. Not compared to the likes of Ba, Cisse, Coloccini, Cabaye, Krul and Ben Arfa anyways.

Scored 1 goal after September 15th....

We had 25 points from our first 11 games did we not? He was pretty much as good as anyone in those first 11 games for me.

If Ben Arfa played a big part, Best certainly did.

Don't think Best's performances were on the same level as those I have mentioned.

Scored 1 goal after September 15th....

Ba scored 16 after that day, though.

Definitely had a strong contribution and I think it's been underappreciated/acknowledged a bit. Did a lot of the pressing and hassling work for Ba and always worked his socks off while always maintaining a presence. Was always pushing for first team football with us and it's good to see him wanting to play regularly.

Guest sicko2ndbest

His goals v Fulham and QPR last season as well as his hatrick v West Ham show there is a talent there

Radio Newcastle just hinted the fee was more than £3m... Would be nice as earlier reports suggested £2.25m...

Being reported as more than £3m on SSN also

Guest Haris Vuckic

Their official site says ''more than 3 million''

I quite like Best, oh well good luck to him!

Played well in spells and scored some vital goals but upper-Championship is his level. £3m is a ridiculously good fee.

Good luck Bestworth :thup:

We were 3rd in November with him in the no.9 role. I don't think that's a Championship player. But we'll see.

Guest Craig-NUFC

So that's Smith Loven Best and probably Ranger

Left only with Ba Cisse and Shola

Need at least 2 new faces to cover AcoN

You're forgetting Xisco :pow:

Best of luck to him. Sad to seem him leave as I think he's been a decent player.

Saying that, I think if we are about to move on the higher placed in the PL, he should be one of our lads to leave.

Best of luck to him. Sad to seem him leave as I think he's been a decent player.

Saying that, I think if we are about to move on the higher placed in the PL, he should be one of our lads to leave.

We have 3 strikers left now. One is physically incapable of playing more than 20 minutes and another is capable of 70 minutes at best.