Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

Guest VegasToon

I can't quite figure out this 'only backup, won't play' thing. If he's not going to play, why bother? Especially with this tight t*** in charge, doesn't seem very sensible.

Cause knowing our luck our strikers will all prob get injured so its better have someone than no-one if the worst comes to worst.

+1

I have no idea who this guy is, but my guess is he is a cheap option if everyone gets injured.  What else do we expect?  There is a reason all of these players are free agents.  If they were any good, they would be in contract.  That Ewerthon fellow sounds like the best option, but would he really be any better than Best or Ranger?  I doubt it, plus it looks like he wants either a longer contract or higher wages.  Right now any player without a team should feel lucky to receive an offer to get played to play football. 

All we need is a cheap, cheap back up.  Spend the money in the summer.

Why is this embarassing?

It's like signing Lamine Diatta. He probably costs next to nothing and will play only when absolutely necessary.

A couple of years down the road most of us won' t even remember that this happened.

I can't quite figure out this 'only backup, won't play' thing. If he's not going to play, why bother? Especially with this tight t*** in charge, doesn't seem very sensible.

Cause knowing our luck our strikers will all prob get injured so its better have someone than no-one if the worst comes to worst.

+1

I have no idea who this guy is, but my guess is he is a cheap option if everyone gets injured.  What else do we expect?  There is a reason all of these players are free agents.  If they were any good, they would be in contract.  That Ewerthon fellow sounds like the best option, but would he really be any better than Best or Ranger?  I doubt it, plus it looks like he wants either a longer contract or higher wages.  Right now any player without a team should feel lucky to receive an offer to get played to play football. 

All we need is a cheap, cheap back up.  Spend the money in the summer.

Dude, he got fucking released by Swansea, SWANSEA!!!

It's a reached a new low when we are signing low quality back up players for back up players who weren't good enough in the first place.

Well put...

Why is this embarassing?

It's like signing Lamine Diatta. He probably costs next to nothing and will play only when absolutely necessary.

A couple of years down the road most of us won' t even remember that this happened.

This. Depth purely. Even if he did make the odd appearance at least he can hold the fucking ball up. People need to calm down :lol:

Why is this embarassing?

This. Depth purely. Even if he did make the odd appearance at least he can hold the fucking ball up. People need to calm down :lol:

Could agree with the above two posts more. Pardew has even said whoever we bring in is cover and nothing else.

Guest VegasToon

I'll wait till he actually signs and plays for us before I judge him.  My guess is that unless we have a ton of injuries, he will never see the field.