Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Anyone in Montreal? thewellander, maybe?

Not in Montreal but I go there all the time, need to know a place for matches?

Yeah that'd be great. Is there somewhere Mags in MTL meet?

Anyone know a bar in DC that will be showing the City game?

Fados.  7th & H St, get off at the Chinatown Metro.  There is also a Nando's across the street.

Thank you.

You should check Four courts at Arlington virgnia 10 min from DC. Thats where the north America toon army folks go. some 15 to 20 guys avarage.

Fados.  7th & H St, get off at the Chinatown Metro.  There is also a Nando's across the street.

Thank you.

Will any Newcastle fans be in there; I have a mate who will be checking it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and a mate are coming over to NYC on 17th June and would like to watch the England game on 19th.

Any recommendations for a decent bar?  Would this Legends place possibly have it on?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this post/thread, but does anybody have the perfect spot to catch the first match of the season against Spurs in New York City.  I'll be up there for the weekend.  And of course would welcome meeting up with any of you who live there for the match as well. Thanks in advance.

Read that the Toon Army USA group goes to Legends Pub on 33rd street between 5th and Broadway...so I wonder if thats still the place to go to

Yup, Legends is still the spot as far as I know. Nevada Smith's is always packed, predominantly full of Man Utd., Madrid, and Barca "fans."

I'm also a fan of Mulligan's in Hoboken (right across the river). Good mix of fans - usually not too crowded except for big games.

• 2 weeks later...

Random intrigue question. Are most of the people who meet up in America to watch the matches ex-pats or just American Newcastle fans?

Probably a bit of both.  Used to ba a few ex-pats in Chicago watching in The Globe,  Seems i am the only ex-pat watching there now, rest are American.

Random intrigue question. Are most of the people who meet up in America to watch the matches ex-pats or just American Newcastle fans?

I don't know anyone personally who's also a Newcastle fan, other than my GF's family. Be nice to meet-up with some other fans. Montreal!

I don't know anyone personally who's also a Newcastle fan, other than my GF's family. Be nice to meet-up with some other fans. Montreal!

Jealous.

Everytime I've watched a Newcastle match in Montreal I've been at the Ye Olde Orchard Pub at the intersection of St Laurent/Price Arthur.  I usually go in July though so I don't have to find a place to watch us play that often.  And Ye Olde Orchard is just the local pub next to our apartment.

It depends where in Orlando you watch.  If you watch downtown, it's all locals that are Newcastle fans.  If you watch over by the attractions (Disney, Universal area) then it's people on holiday catching a match at a pub, usually on I-Drive.

It depends where in Orlando you watch.  If you watch downtown, it's all locals that are Newcastle fans.  If you watch over by the attractions (Disney, Universal area) then it's people on holiday catching a match at a pub, usually on I-Drive.

Cuba's right. And you clearly want to watch it downtown with Cuba and myself, we've had some canny f***ing results watching these matches together.......

:pardsgrin:

I'll be at Legends in NYC this Saturday if anyone else visiting the city at the same time or currently lives there.

Oui oui, moi aussi in Tdot. Although this weekend I look to watch it from my bed. Been a rough week already :p

The Duke of Gloucestor is always good to catch toon games.

Is that the one at Yonge & St. Clair?

There's another "Duke" pub nearer to me - Duke of Somerset (?) at Bay & Gerrard.  Mayhaps I'll venture forth and watch there.  Although bed is also a tempting option...