Women's football

James

Aluko (sp?) is the name of the forward. Fast, but rubbish on the ball.

Mexico are a little cynical - niggly fouls - but getting more of the game. England need to hit a couple of shots like that Mexican one - their keeper is pretty small.

its depressing that england team havent learnt from their mistakes in the last tournament.  reckon aluko must be shaggin the coach, cos she shouldnt be in the team. They def need a new attacking coach.  Seem vacant of ideas int he last third.

It really is a farce, they're just wandering around the field doing nothing. And they don't know what to do when entering the opponents half. But yet they manage to score goals from time to time.

Why do you watch women's football and expect a (good) game of football? Just why?

`Why do you watch women's football and expect a (good) game of football? Just why?`

cos am not a sexist moron like you.  WOmens football is having money thrown at it in this country, but atmo its not progressing.  Need to axe the present manager and get an experienced male manager in to push them forward.

Its clear the players arent professional enough in this country, they dont have athletic enough bodies.....think of tennis and the williams sisters. Footballers should be aiming at these lvls.....the slackin bastards.

They need to either add like five people per side, or make the field smaller.

And make the goals smaller so the flukey goals won't happen every. fucking. game. due to the goalie being a midget.

Are there any female footballers in history that could've competed at the top level of the male side of the game if for some mental reason in an alternate reality teams would be unisex? Only one I can think of in with a shout would be Mia Hamm.

They need to either add like five people per side, or make the field smaller.

And make the goals smaller so the flukey goals won't happen every. f***ing. game. due to the goalie being a midget.

It's not particularly difficult to find a woman tall enough to play goal. My own sister is 6 feet tall, and Casillas is no more than 5 foot 10. It is more a question of skill than height.

The game is not that bad, anyway. Nowhere as good as the men's but this is true for every single sort involving physical attributes. What are people expecting?

Are there any female footballers in history that could've competed at the top level of the male side of the game if for some mental reason in an alternate reality teams would be unisex? Only one I can think of in with a shout would be Mia Hamm.

Not even close - too much of a physical gulf. There have been some extremely skilful players though - who was that England player a while back who played a bit like Chris Waddle? She was excellent.

I'd take most of the midfielders I've seen in this tournament ahead of Alan Smith.

Watched the highlights last night, some hilarious parallels with the mens team.

First World Cup game ends in a draw; a 1-1 draw.

Against a team that they are widely expected to beat.

England take the lead.

The other team equalises through a speculative punt and a goalkeeping error (was it Green's lass in nets?)

The rest of the performance is insipid and a big black striker misses some good chances.

Oh, and the only female footballer I could name was Kelly Smith and she was still class last night, she actually looked like she'd compete in the mens game. Better than her namesake Alan, for sure.

Watched the highlights last night, some hilarious parallels with the mens team.

First World Cup game ends in a draw; a 1-1 draw.

Against a team that they are widely expected to beat.

England take the lead.

The other team equalises through a speculative punt and a goalkeeping error (was it Green's lass in nets?)

The rest of the performance is insipid and a big black striker misses some good chances.

Oh, and the only female footballer I could name was Kelly Smith and she was still class last night, she actually looked like she'd compete in the mens game. Better than her namesake Alan, for sure.

:nods: