Greatest Moment as an NUFC Supporter?

Guest EastEndGeordie

Guest EastEndGeordie

What has been the greatest moment in your time supporting NUFC, the moment where you thought "I'm never going to stop supporting them" and when you felt like the black and white shirt you were wearing was part of your own skin?

For me (in my relatively brief life) was when  :tiote: scored the fourth against Arsenal. There's only two NUFC supporters in my local pub (including me), the rest are mainly yids/gooners, anyway they were all laughing at half time and I said to the other Geordie "you're going to see the comeback of the century here" and lo and behold we did, and the look on the rest of the people's faces was priceless as me and my friend were just screaming,it easily made up for all the times watching Boumsong and Bramble fumble around the pitch.

So what is your all-time greatest moment as a supporter?

Difficult choice for me. I'm torn between three, Tiote's equaliser nearly had me in tears  :blush:, the 5-1 was great especially after how cocky my mackem mates were beforehand and Shearer's testimonal when all the scarves were spinning  :smitten:

Bellamy's winning goal against Feyenoord. The nearest I've come to complete hysteria in my adult life.

:snod:

It has to be the greatest moment, but the moment when I realised I was going to support this club forever was before that and I can't remember at what point.

Actually, I can't even remember what game it was, but the first time I went to SJP for a midweek night game.

Up until then I didn't know what all the fuss was about, and I didn't even consider myself that much of fan. But the second I came up the stairs and I saw the lights and the stadium open up in front of me, I can remember thinking "fucking hell this is it".

I can still close my eyes and see that view with the floodlights, the frosty air and the city behind. Absolute magic, will never forget it.

feyenoord wins, but 5-1, shearer's testimonial and tiote's equaliser aren't too far behind.

thats one reason we're such a great club......many teams wouldn't have any moment to hang their hats on (the wigans of this world). we excel in creating them.

Day we signed Shearer. We broke the WORLD transfer record to bring home a local lad as our no. 9. Surely we were about to become the dominant force in English, no, European football.

:blush:

Still the best feeling I've had about us though.

I thought Shearers testimonial was shite, class goal from Luque though. Pedro's was class.

Bellamy vs Feyenoord and I was absolutely buzzing when we signed Kluivert....

Emre's freekick vs the Mackems was also class.