Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

Looking at the setup I can firmly confirm that this will be the first match in a long time I wont even bother watching tbh, Ill just check the result in the evening, expecting a solid loss, w*** defence w*** midfield w*** attack, and a 50 year old goalkeeper who goes down like a moose with a buckshot.

Our XI is a big joke atm

Based on your posts so far I imagine this is how you approach every game.

pretty much,  thompson stating he wasnt sure where our goals would come from sums it up perfectly tbh...

too bad I cant start cheering for another team since unfortunately I have something called a NUFC heart that wont stop beating.

Wish it would though,  the transfer window in january + injuries just did it for me, feel free to flame.

Jesus, you're a morbid cunt aren't you

Harper

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Ferguson

Guthrie - Tiote - Nolan - Jonas

Best - Ameobi

Picks itself imo. The most imperative thing is that we keep the backline as consistent as possible. Obviously, Enrique's out, but don't let it disrupt the whole defensive set-up - as was the case against Everton. Like for like swap, Ferguson in for Jose. Yes he's young but he's got to start somewhere, and has looked decent in his fleeting appearances. There's absolutely no reason not to play him. The idea of playing Perch or Taylor there gives me the shivers, quite frankly.

We'll be forced into playing square pegs and it's important that we don't resort to loads of them. Guthrie on the right is all we should have to put up with.

Draw.

Jonas doubtful.

Looking at the setup I can firmly confirm that this will be the first match in a long time I wont even bother watching tbh, Ill just check the result in the evening, expecting a solid loss, wank defence wank midfield wank attack, and a 50 year old goalkeeper who goes down like a moose with a buckshot.

Our XI is a big joke atm

:lol: I love this guy.

Guest Flatline

I love you guys too  :snod:

I Guess we aint allowed to call out sh.it play!

Go youtube Leeds 3 Newcastle 4, thats how you play f.u.cking football!

Funny how I get hanged for calling out the amount of hoofball present in our team atm.

Ah well, shoot the messenger I guess!

Looking at the setup I can firmly confirm that this will be the first match in a long time I wont even bother watching tbh, Ill just check the result in the evening, expecting a solid loss, w*** defence w*** midfield w*** attack, and a 50 year old goalkeeper who goes down like a moose with a buckshot.

Our XI is a big joke atm

Fecking hell, that's a bit harsh innit. Having said that if we all join Flatline and don't watch it on the telly/PC it might force ashley into splashing out!

Got to love the people (well, idiot) saying "where are the goals going to come from?!". Clearly they are coming from Leon Best, top scorer in the league this year and Nolan, highest scoring midfielder and joint highest English goalscorer this season.

Could Flatline be tDeans mkIII? I know he's not going on about Pardew, but he's certainly on the same level when it comes to idiocy.

I was going to suggest that you drink a bottle of your chosen spirit while having taken too many aspirin tablets, but then I don't want to get banned so I'll just tell you you're an utter bore.

No need to get personal, lots of people on here hold pessimistic views on various matters. Some are probably overly so but it doesn't mean they should be slagged off for it.

Guest Flatline

Thanks Dave. Im not trying to be a jerk, just feels really depressing atm considering the squad we have available. Is that really so far-fetched. Ask me 9 months ago with carroll enrique Barton Ben arfa all ready and good to go, and I would be glowing expecting the next match to be an absolute joy.

Now we arguably have the worst forward setup in the league ( in terms of pure skill, I know best has scored goals), no barton or ben arfa in the middle, and Shane Mclovin instead of Enrique on the leftback.

Id love for them all to surprise me just cant see it happenin is all.

Guest Flatline

Sure nothing would please me more, just cant see it happening with Delaps 1 min delay throw-ins and their wall of meat set-pieces

No need to get personal, lots of people on here hold pessimistic views on various matters. Some are probably overly so but it doesn't mean they should be slagged off for it.

There's a massive difference between being negative and talking utter bollocks though.

Guest Stephen927

There's a massive difference between being negative and talking utter bollocks though.

It's the lads opinion ffs.

to play 3 defenders at the back is just a freakin joke!

we need to have 4 defenders and stick with that....its the only way forward...no matter who is available!

It wont help us in the long run to shuffle the tactics so much especially not at the back!