Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

Guest MrSundlofer

So, Stoke City then. I think Pardew and his team have scouted them well and will play a 3-5-2 formation today. He has previously hinted that Campbell may play and I think we will see a back-three of Coloccini, Campbell and Williamson. Jonás and Simpson as wing backs.

Harper

Williamson Campbell Coloccini

Simpson                                  Jonás

Tiote

Guthrie Nolan

Best Ameobi

Bench: Krul, S.Taylor, Perch, Barton, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Kuqi

Guest thebigfella

anyone know whats happening in town today there are loads of newcastle fans walking around the town centre (not your typical newcastle supporters) police and eldon square security look canny worried lots of stone island and fred perry!!

We've only really been rolled over once this season at Bolton. Felt the same before that game as I do now.

We could go there and grab a result but we're more likely to lose by 2 or 3.

We've only really been rolled over once this season at Bolton. Felt the same before that game as I do now.

We could go there and grab a result but we're more likely to lose by 2 or 3.

If we lose by 3 to Stoke fucking City we're going down.

I understand the odd loss, but if we concede more than two against Stoke that would be terrible, just terrible and we would have to send all the players to labor camp.

Guest north shields lad

Gutted im not going, only my second match ive missed this season. Doesnt feel right. Could go anyway this match, hence why i think the 3.9 for us on betfair is a decent price.

I can see the sense in going with three DC's here. Worry is though how Colo will deal with Jones, because wor lad struggles against more physical opponents. I'd take a draw now, but I can see us going down 2-0. Injuries, etc have got us f**ked at the moment.

Not a clue what to expect really. Not that that's anything new with us. :laugh:

Wouldn't be amazed by a rather limp defeat. Then again normally we turn up when I'm fearing the worst.

2-1 to them.