Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

One of the problems of having a 2nd-rate manager is it allows everyone around them to think they are better and that they know more, from this they start running their own agendas which creates conflicting directions within the club.

By having a 1st rate manager (e.g. Benitez) it is clear to everyone who is top-dog and those around them will work to his agenda rather than their own.

very good point

Too many of his recommendations have been completely unfit for purpose, don't care how far down his list they were. Fuck off, Graham.

Aye, totally agree. All well and good arguing the point that they weren't his first choices - but they were still on his list...

Considering how many times we were in for Thauvin, I'd wager he was pretty high up on these supposed lists. Completely unfit for the league, never wanted to come here and was just a bit shite. That signing alone removes the "signed players far down on his list" excuse in my opinion. It might be true of other players, we don't know, but he clearly had a stiffy for Thauvin for no apparent reason.

Considering how many times we were in for Thauvin, I'd wager he was pretty high up on these supposed lists. Completely unfit for the league, never wanted to come here and was just a bit shite. That signing alone removes the "signed players far down on his list" excuse in my opinion. It might be true of other players, we don't know, but he clearly had a stiffy for Thauvin for no apparent reason.

Honest question: Bearing in mind that we've heard that some teams like Inter and Barca have been linked with Thauvin in the past, does that beg the question of whether his poor show for us was possibly down to having a rubbish manager and perhaps in some part being thrown in at the deep end at a young age (by deep end I mean with the extra pressure and poor squad around him)?

Personally I'm not convinced but just a thought that crossed my mind.

Guest firetotheworks

and the nerds are rebelling against the jock here i see :lol:

He's not worth it, Eugene!!

Considering how many times we were in for Thauvin, I'd wager he was pretty high up on these supposed lists. Completely unfit for the league, never wanted to come here and was just a bit s****. That signing alone removes the "signed players far down on his list" excuse in my opinion. It might be true of other players, we don't know, but he clearly had a stiffy for Thauvin for no apparent reason.

Honest question: Bearing in mind that we've heard that some teams like Inter and Barca have been linked with Thauvin in the past, does that beg the question of whether his poor show for us was possibly down to having a rubbish manager and perhaps in some part being thrown in at the deep end at a young age (by deep end I mean with the extra pressure and poor squad around him)?

Personally I'm not convinced but just a thought that crossed my mind.

Plus the fact that he never wanted to come here in the first place and was pushed into the move because Marseilles needed the money.

Too many of his recommendations have been completely unfit for purpose, don't care how far down his list they were. Fuck off, Graham.

Aye, totally agree. All well and good arguing the point that they weren't his first choices - but they were still on his list...

Exactly. It's basic stuff.

One of the problems of having a 2nd-rate manager is it allows everyone around them to think they are better and that they know more, from this they start running their own agendas which creates conflicting directions within the club.

By having a 1st rate manager (e.g. Benitez) it is clear to everyone who is top-dog and those around them will work to his agenda rather than their own.

very good point

Agree. 

Our managerial appointments have been seriously underwhelming and as the fans have remained unconvinced, it has allowed the players to deflect the blame for their poor performances.

Now everyone is 100% behind the manager, the players no longer have the excuse of a manager's shortcomings so it gives him incredible authority.

Completely forgot that little weirdo Thauvin is back with us.

Wonder how long he will last in the Championship?  Can't bear to watch him fall over 1000 times a game in an even more physical league.

and the nerds are rebelling against the jock here i see :lol:

He's not worth it, Eugene!!

You're all up arguing on the internet at 1am.  I don't think anyone comes off as a 'jock' here apart from TaylorJ.

Completely forgot that little weirdo Thauvin is back with us.

Wonder how long he will last in the Championship?  Can't bear to watch him fall over 1000 times a game in an even more physical league.

He's only one league above Northampton now and he destroyed them. Was woeful against Sheff Wed mind.

Not a chance that bottle job will be playing for us next season.

We've been informed on many occasions by hindu that Mike only buys low and sells high. No exceptions. I doubt anyone is bidding "high" for Florry right now.

Not a chance that bottle job will be playing for us next season.

We've been informed on many occasions by hindu that Mike only buys low and sells high. No exceptions. I doubt anyone is bidding "high" for Florry right now.

[emoji38] Yeah that's not how business works or something.

Loads did, it was one of his main criticisms when he was pointlessly slammed after playing about 200 minutes of Prem football. This was back when we were supposed to 'give Steve a chance' like.

If it's cowardly to want to get away from a place no-one likes you for no reason then fair enough, I'd have done the same.