Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Regardless of talent or lack of talent he's failed significantly when it comes to identifying players with character and leadership. Empty headed cunts.

Think it goes much deeper tbh - the likes of De Jong and Wijnaldum were captaining decent teams in the Champions League, it seems every player turns to utter shit once they put our shirt on, think the club is just rotten to the core.

As if people are blaming the scout for this shitshow :lol:

I'm with you on this.

I don't think we've signed very many untalented players in recent times tbh. We just simply haven't utilized them correctly or trained them right.

Regardless of talent or lack of talent he's failed significantly when it comes to identifying players with character and leadership. Empty headed cunts.

Think it goes much deeper tbh - the likes of De Jong and Wijnaldum were captaining decent teams in the Champions League, it seems every player turns to utter shit once they put our shirt on, think the club is just rotten to the core.

Goes without saying. However being a captain is not necessarily an indication of leadership ability. Coloccini has captained us for years and he's a spineless cunt.

I'm with you on this.

I don't think we've signed very many untalented players in recent times tbh. We just simply haven't utilized them correctly or trained them right.

He was reported to have picked the manager, he's as much to blame as anybody.

I'm with you on this.

He was reported to have picked the manager, he's as much to blame as anybody.

That, I hadn't realised. However, even so I bet he had his hands tied with what criteria had to be met.

I'm with you on this.

Whilst I agree with the second part of that post, I don't think we've been particularly outstanding in our recruitment tbh. No better than any other Premier League club really.

I've said it before and I'll say it again because we don't buy British or we don't buy anyone over 26 seriously seriously handicaps us we end up with inexperienced young players who aren't suited or strong enough for this league

Yup. Some simply don't understand the important of balance and having a good blend of types of players and personalities. Some of those types you can only get from either experience or from bring home grown.

We also don't buy:

Players suited to our alleged playing style.

Players in the positions we need.

Players based on anything other than potential sell on fee.

Players who are willing to be outspoken.

Players were being here is neither a stepping stone or so far ahead of their station they're off their tits on luck.

The whole thing is fucked.

At very least you need a strong spine...

Krul (regressing) - Colo (finished) - Colback (shite) - Gini (untried) - Cisse (doesn't want to be here) was ours at the start of the season. The rest you could probably get away with not having, we haven't even gone one of those. Mackems are the same.

I'm with you on this.

Whilst I agree with the second part of that post, I don't think we've been particularly outstanding in our recruitment tbh. No better than any other Premier League club really.

I don't think we've been outstanding either, but we've signed players with more talent than they've been playing with...if that makes sense.

I've said it before and I'll say it again because we don't buy British or we don't buy anyone over 26 seriously seriously handicaps us we end up with inexperienced young players who aren't suited or strong enough for this league

Amen.

We don't buy anyone with any PL or extensive Championship experience.

Every single signing is a massive gamble. Ba looked to have something about him from West Ham since then the only player with PL experience we've signed is Jack Fucking Colback. 

We needed to improve the spine of our side. Went out and bought 2 youngsters from second rate leagues and another lad from Holland.  Silly gambles. 

I'm with you on this.

It's not like I think he's completely blameless, and I could deal with him leaving in a "clear out" scenario, I just think it's a bit desperate going for the Chief Scout, given we have very little transparency into what his work (and level of influence) actually looks like.

Mike Ashley is the man to blame, lets maybe concentrate on that? And by concentrate, I'm meaning for longer than twenty minutes when were losing?

All January signings MUST be Premier League players. Ones who have played in this league before, ones we see every week, ones with character, ones who don't need time to settle. I'd say it's urgent, actually.

Honestly think it could all be moot once the window opens. We look awful and it could easily be done and dusted by then.

'Ones with character' aren't going to sign for 3 or 4 years for a club heading for the Championship, the damage is going to be done during Autumn as it stands.

People are saying that Carr's recruitment has been poor recently but surely it doesn't help that we're going after, presumably, his 3rd/4th choices due to being incredibly tight with spending? Perhaps Gini and Mitrovic are exceptions to this but they've hardly had a kick yet, especially the latter.

People are saying that Carr's recruitment has been poor recently but surely it doesn't help that we're going after, presumably, his 3rd/4th choices due to being incredibly tight with spending? Perhaps Gini and Mitrovic are exceptions to this but they've hardly had a kick yet, especially the latter.

Luke Edwards wrote this the other day, said he's given 3 targets per position but is 'often' (iirc) asked to find a 4th choice because they either won't come or we won't pay.

That won't change by changing Carr for someone else.