Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 10/04/11 - post match reaction from page 27

Nate

Guest toonlass

We started out really composed. Really don't think we've done too badly. Shame about their goal. We need to come out in the second half and attack.

This collo experiment hasn't worked for me.  If Pards has been watching the same game as I have then he needs to take Saylor off (agree with earlier post which said his introduction unsettles the defence), move colo back to where he should be and bring Raylor in and move Barton in to the middle so he can influence the game more. 

Hate the thougt of giving these c**ts 3pts to help them stay up!

This collo experiment hasn't worked for me.  If Pards has been watching the same game as I have then he needs to take Saylor off (agree with earlier post which said his introduction unsettles the defence), move colo back to where he should be and bring Raylor in and move Barton in to the middle so he can influence the game more. 

Hate the thougt of giving these c**ts 3pts to help them stay up!

Very true as it feels like 10 men atm

What do we think of Colo in central midfield then?  Must say it looks like the game's passing him by to me.

Yup. Doesn't help that he is playing alongside Guthrie rather than doing it when he alongside Nolan or Tiote. Shame really as there is a lot of space in the middle when we've been getting on the ball.

Pardew needs to stop fucking around with the defence, it caused a disaster at Stoke and has been close to in the first half.  Taylor caught ball watching and totally lost Darren Bent which was incorrectly flagged off.

However, at the other end we look bereft of any kind of attacking ideas so cant see where any equaliser will come from in the second half.

HT review:

Positives:

Jonas

Ranger looking lively/putting himself about

Only one down

Negatives:

Defensively poor right across the back, and the midfield protection

Only Jonas looks composed on the ball

Few bench options

Steven Motherfucking Taylor

No one looks especially motivated/alert

Guthrie pressuring well from midfield, but fairly atrocious once he has the ball

Ranger's decision-making

The referee has been shiiiite

I think our midfield doesnt look in balance(guthrie and colo making the same runs which is leaving a gap behind them). Take out one of the central defenders and put in shane ferguson, put joey barton i central midfield Gutierrez and Ferguson on each wing with Colo going back in defence. Think our midfield would be more balanced and we would be able to create more + joey will be able to get into shooting pos more often.