Football's greatest - where does Lionel Messi rank?

Dave

I should be used to it, but I can't, I'm still in shock about how good he was yesterday. Two goals, running our attacking unit from the hole, that goal. THAT goal.

I'm going to be so depressed when he retires.

That goal was just beyond description, as was his performance. So good.

Love Suarez's awareness when he gets in those positions as all, totally selfless.

Kind of what Anita tried last week :lol:

That f***ing goal man, can't stop watching. :lol:

Is it his best? Probably just about prefer the Getafe one personally.

The best for me; considering it was a final too and against good opposition

:thup: Best part of it all is that CRonaldo would never do something like that. Amirite Froggy?

I should be used to it, but I can't, I'm still in shock about how good he was yesterday. Two goals, running our attacking unit from the hole, that goal. THAT goal.

:lol: Was thinking on it after seeing that goal and I want him to just pull a Barry Sanders. Just retire at the height of his powers. Never let us see him slow.

I think it's more difficult than the Getafe one from a technical point of view, just because he was double and triple marked from the fucking half way line.

Getafe one they didn't resort to helping the defender out until he got near the box, it's just fucking obscene how he can do that.

Bloke is a fucking android.

Guest neesy111

:thup: Best part of it all is that CRonaldo would never do something like that. Amirite Froggy?

I was talking to a friend about this last night, can anyone remember a memorable Cronaldo goal?

I was talking to a friend about this last night, can anyone remember a memorable Cronaldo goal?

Long-rangers (Porto)/free-kicks(Pompey) mainly.

I think it was KI who hit the nail on the head - the difference is the things Messi can do which Ronaldo can't are more impressive than the things Ronaldo can do but Messi can't. Ronaldo is an incredible machine. Messi is simply a genius. And that will always elevate him above Ronaldo.

:lol: Was thinking on it after seeing that goal and I want him to just pull a Barry Sanders. Just retire at the height of his powers. Never let us see him slow.

He'll change his game as he slows down and run games from deep. I imagine he'll easily play at the top level until his mid 30's personally.

Fulham. Late winner. Ran from inside his own half.

What year?

He'll change his game as he slows down and run games from deep. I imagine he'll easily play at the top level until his mid 30's personally.

Like a Hagi type player? Think he'll end up as a true #10: a bit like he is now but will stay in the middle all the time

What year?

:lol: The fuck does that matter for? Go on YT and search for Cristiano Ronaldo best solo goals. There's loads where he beats many players and finishes. Such short memories. Ronaldo outscored him again this year too.

What a fucking goal mind.

What year?

:lol: The fuck does that matter for? Go on YT and search for Cristiano Ronaldo best solo goals. There's loads where he beats many players and finishes. Such short memories. Ronaldo outscored him again this year too.

Was when they beat them 2-1 in the last minute in around 07.

What year?

:lol: The f*** does that matter for? Go on YT and search for Cristiano Ronaldo best solo goals. There's loads where he beats many players and finishes. Such short memories. Ronaldo outscored him again this year too.

What a f***ing goal mind.

By three goals while Ronaldo took like 10000000 pens, stop the f***ing presses there :lol:

What year?

:lol: Messi's all-round game is miles ahead of your lad's like. Goal scoring is the only area in which they're comparable, Messi is on a completely different level as a footballer.

What year?

I was just asking. Don't have a fucking heart attack

Guest firetotheworks

He'll end up as a goalscoring Xavi type when his legs start falling off imo.

I like that one more than his Getafe goal, but sometimes it's not about those goals themselves but the moments he comes up with. Real Madrid semi final solo goal is the one that blew my mind. Him killing Bayern Munich the other week was an incredible moment as well.

Ronaldo is obviously outstanding as well like. The times that he's impressed me the most is in the air. That goal against Liverpool this season was excellent as well.

Aye that was class, in terms of dribbling and all that he was a much better player at Man Yoo IMO. A much bigger goal threat now though obviously.