Newcastle United 0 - 0 Manchester Utd - 19/04/11 - post match reaction from p33

Dave

Williamson and Guthrie both superb and for me Guthrie just shades MOTM

;D

Were you in the stadium daft lad ?

Because if you watched on TV you'll have missed how much ground he was covering to get behind the ball when they were breaking in the first half. Very effective.

MOTM.

;D

;D

Because if you watched on TV you'll have missed how much ground he was covering to get behind the ball when they were breaking in the first half. Very effective.

MOTM.

;D

As you seem to like yellow smiley things.

Self appointed up his own arse fans spokesperson who doesn't bother to attend matches  ;D ;D

I also thought Guthrie had a very good game last night (on telly of course), worked his socks off..

Why can't we always be up for games like we were last night, it seems our lot only really get going when the big boys come to town, we have to sort out this attitude and get a winning mentality installed...

;D

MOTM.

;D

Guthrie was magnificent, by his standards.

Half the starting XI could have got MOTM, Guthrie included.

It was a team effort, and the team played well.  Makes it difficult to award MOTM.  I don't see why this is difficult to grasp :lol:

Excellent game of football with us taking the game to them initially but ending it very much on the defensive.

I thought all players did well with even the ineffective Lovenkrands still contributing with hard graft. Colocinni and Tiote were class and deservedly take the plaudits but what about the two players alongside them, Williamson and Guthrie both superb and for me Guthrie just shades MOTM for an incredibly hard working performance which included a lot of skill under pressure.

Have to say the ferocity of abuse shown towards Shearer's mate was amazing and I don't totally understand it. He was offered a huge deal - he took it and he was injured a lot, but when he did play he contributed a lot and had an excellent scoring ratio - many of them in vital matches.

Never seen one of our pantomine villains given such vitriolic abuse.

26 league goals in 71 league isn't an excellent scoring record...

;D

MOTM.

;D

fans spokesperson

You said it, not me.

O0

Excellent game of football with us taking the game to them initially but ending it very much on the defensive.

I thought all players did well with even the ineffective Lovenkrands still contributing with hard graft. Colocinni and Tiote were class and deservedly take the plaudits but what about the two players alongside them, Williamson and Guthrie both superb and for me Guthrie just shades MOTM for an incredibly hard working performance which included a lot of skill under pressure.

Have to say the ferocity of abuse shown towards Shearer's mate was amazing and I don't totally understand it. He was offered a huge deal - he took it and he was injured a lot, but when he did play he contributed a lot and had an excellent scoring ratio - many of them in vital matches.

Never seen one of our pantomine villains given such vitriolic abuse.

26 league goals in 71 league isn't an excellent scoring record...

Not to mention the rubbish he served up in his final season - no goals from January. Some people are just f***ing ignorant.

;D

MOTM.

;D

Guthrie was magnificent, by his standards.

Half the starting XI could have got MOTM, Guthrie included.

It was a team effort, and the team played well.  Makes it difficult to award MOTM.  I don't see why this is difficult to grasp :lol:

It's reassuring to know that at least some people who aspire to represent us fans have a grasp on what football actually is and aren't driven by prejudice and self importance. Thank you Chris.

Prejudice and self-importance?

:mackems:

You seem to be unable to answer a simple straight question in your haste to post smiley faces.

Were you at the match Mr.Fans spokesperson ?

If you were then finding an opinion that Danny Guthrie may have been MOTM so rapturously funny may actually have some credibility.

You seem to be unable to answer a simple straight question in your haste to post smiley faces.

If you were then finding an opinion that Danny Guthrie may have been MOTM so rapturously funny may actually have some credibility.

Guthrie had a good game by his usual standards, but in my opinion was by no means the best player on the pitch. If having an average game rather than a crap one is man of the match worthy then yes, you are right, he deserves it.   O0

I think that much is obvious to anyone who watched the match at St James' or on TV.

SAF gave a master class in how to deal with the media last night.

He couldn't have done any better in spinning the incidents to suit his and the his clubs needs.

Only problem was he came off looking like a bell end.

Not that he cares about that, but still.

SAF gave a master class in how to deal with the media last night.

He couldn't have done any better in spinning the incidents to suit his and the his clubs needs.

He is the master at this. He always backs up his players in the media even if he knows its bollocks and will deal with it in-house. Simple stuff but the way it should be.

Benwell Lad and Ronaldo have it spot on like. Guthrie was superb last night.

Barton was great but his set pieces let him down again. His free-kicks were laughable.

Guthrie had a good game by his usual standards, but was by no means the best player on the pitch. If having an average game rather than a crap one is man of the match worthy, then yes, he wins it.  O0

I think that much is obvious to anyone who watched the match at St James' or on TV.

Defining the "best player on the pitch" in a B&W shirt last night is very difficult as there were a lot of very good and very gutsy performances.

Much of what I based my opinion of Guthrie's performance on was a superb work rate and lung busting runs to track ManU breaks when we were pressing early on. This is not as easy to gauge on TV as it is from the stands. He also showed excellent composure when receiving the ball under pressure in the 2nd half.

Anyway it seems that behind your politician like question dodging the answer to the question is probably "no".

Barton was great but his set pieces let him down again. His free-kicks were laughable.

Was thinking last night, whenever we get a free kick more often than not Enrique stands over it with Barton and Guthrie (when Guthrie's playing). Has Enrique ever actually taken a free kick, a shot on goal one i mean, or does he just fancy himself as a bit of a billy big balls?

Must say, I thought Guthrie was MOTM after Colo and Jonas.

don´t think anyone really overshadowed the rest of the team with his performance - it was an overall very good performance. Thats why this team almost every game are very enjoyable to watch. The team-spirit can take a team very far. Its important Pardew keep this intact (what Hughton started). So buy wisely....the players attitude is so very important imo.

Guthrie had a good game by his usual standards, but was by no means the best player on the pitch. If having an average game rather than a crap one is man of the match worthy, then yes, he wins it.   O0

Defining the "best player on the pitch" in a B&W shirt last night is very difficult as there were a lot of very good and very gutsy performances.

Much of what I based my opinion of Guthrie's performance on was a superb work rate and lung busting runs to track ManU breaks when we were pressing early on. This is not as easy to gauge on TV as it is from the stands. He also showed excellent composure when receiving the ball under pressure in the 2nd half.

Anyway it seems that behind your politician like question dodging the answer to the question is probably "no".

So making 'lung-bursting' runs and being composed when receiving the ball, but doing little with it is MOTM worthy? Fair enough.