Newcastle United 0 - 0 Manchester Utd - 19/04/11 - post match reaction from p33

Dave

go on ! say he dived but in the rule book that was a pen ! sorry you leave a leg out in the path of a player its a pen

One of my Man U supporting mate's facebook status relating to the Hernandez incident :facepalm:

go on ! say he dived but in the rule book that was a pen ! sorry you leave a leg out in the path of a player its a pen

One of my Man U supporting mate's facebook status relating to the Hernandez incident :facepalm:

"you leave a leg out in the path of a player its a pen"

I must have skipped that page when I studied the Rules of the Game for my referee exam :lol:

`iirc, Ginola got the same if not worse booing upon his return. `

think i was at that game, was a mid week cup game?  he was getting alot of stick. Thought it was a bit ott tbh.

Wonder if its a shock to owen, realising that he isnt mr fantastic, to alot of fans? Maybe his ego hadnt contemplated that.....or maybe the fat paychks dulls his brain!

`iirc, Ginola got the same if not worse booing upon his return. `

think i was at that game, was a mid week cup game?  he was getting alot of stick. Thought it was a bit ott tbh.

Was the 6-1 FA Cup win in 99.

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if it's welcome, but I'm a Manchester United fan. I know a guy on here and the forum has been absolutely fantastic outside of football chat, but I've ventured in here as I'm interested in all opinions in regards to games.

I thought neither penalty claims were actual penalties, though Lovenkrands most certainly had more of a case. He's not the best finisher in the world. I reckon your defence is solid and if you sign a top quality striker to replace Andy Carroll, you'll stay up with ease again next year (yes, 40 is enough). Odemwingie and Rodallega are potential cheap, top quality buys should their respective clubs go down.

We're not too used to scoreless draws between our sides. Myself and a friend were talking about that tonight. When is the last time a scoreless draw happened between the sides? I can't remember it for the life of me but maybe I'm being a little stupid.

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if it's welcome, but I'm a Manchester United fan. I know a guy on here and the forum has been absolutely fantastic outside of football chat, but I've ventured in here as I'm interested in all opinions in regards to games.

I thought neither penalty claims were actual penalties, though Lovenkrands most certainly had more of a case. He's not the best finisher in the world. I reckon your defence is solid and if you sign a top quality striker to replace Andy Carroll, you'll stay up with ease again next year (yes, 40 is enough). Odemwingie and Rodallega are potential cheap, top quality buys should their respective clubs go down.

We're not too used to scoreless draws between our sides. Myself and a friend were talking about that tonight. When is the last time a scoreless draw happened between the sides? I can't remember it for the life of me but maybe I'm being a little stupid.

The first scoreless draw (previous to this one) that comes to my mind was at OT when Tim Howard took out Shearer's legs without even coming close to touching the ball and the ref deemed it a goal kick.

The first scoreless draw (previous to this one) that comes to my mind was at OT when Tim Howard took out Shearer's legs without even coming close to touching the ball and the ref deemed it a goal kick.

Probably explains why I can't remember it.  ;D

:thup:

I reckon a point was good enough for both sides. Enough for a step closer to the title, enough for us to stay up.

How good/bad was Owen's reception ?

Very load in stadium, and it lasted a long time. Loads of booooos, and then everyone started to sing 'One Greedy Bastard'... and just when it was dying down a little bit... it came back again just in case he hadn't heard.  :lol: Probably the loudest I've heard SJP in a long time singing at once.

There was an injury not long after he came on, and Barton went over and was standing talking to him, leading to a chant of "Joey, Joey knock him out"

Doesn't matter who you support mate, as long as you're not an idiot you're welcome on this forum :thup:

Owen looked distinctly uncomfortable and nervous out there. I was a bit surprised at Fergie's decision to bring him on, in the circumstances.

There was a point when Joey went over to him and said something, and I don't think they were words of encouragement. In his street-wise mode, he'd noticed Owen's discomfort and wanted to rub it in.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So you wake up in the morning, and put on SSN, and they're already spinning that Man U should have had a pen.  :lol:

So you wake up in the morning, and put on SSN, and they're already spinning that Man U should have had a pen.  :lol:

And BBC1, its all they are talkng about, BBC didn't show any of our chances, not that we had many but just made it all about man u.

Wankers.

Just watching the highlights on Sky. Allardyce is actually awful - 'Lovenkrands at the very most should have hit the target with a free header' - don't you mean at the very least sam? He also kept calling Williamson Williams until the guy next to him (Rob Hawthorne) quite deliberately emphasised that it was Williamson. There were countless other things that annoyed me last night that I can't remember now, maybe its just a personal thing.

I can only remember one touch in ten minutes from Owen. Glad to see he's kept his contribution consistent from his last dozen or so games in our shirt.

He tried to nick the ball of Tiote on the halfway line at one point and it was like watching Tiote swat a fly, not sure he even realised he was there despite there being bodily contact!