Newcastle United 0 - 0 Manchester Utd - 19/04/11 - post match reaction from p33

Dave

Fantasy league bonus points:

3 to Hernadez

2 to Smalling

1 to Tiote

Difficult one to call, the FF bonus points. Think it's a panel that decides it or something, based on "impact" presumably.

I'd have gone:

3 Nani (diving prat, but dangerous/influential all the same)

2 Gutierrez

1 Williamson

How do holding midfielders gain points?

Basically, they don't.

Some fantasy league systems have bonus points for good performances and MOTM awards, but some only reward goals assists and clean sheets.

Essien went on a little scoring run too earlier this season - as did Song for Arsenal!

Tiote is a solid return of bonus points for a cheap price for fantasy teams. All entirely negated by the obscene amount of yellow cards he will receive, mind you.

Spoke to two Man United fans in work. Both of them agreed a draw was fair result and that the pens were not worth worrying about. They made me laugh as both had a classic sour grapes at not winning every game style comment. One of them said that Tiote should have been carded and a pen given against him because of handball in the box. I remember that incident, his arms were raised but not pointing up, only forward. I thought it was his arms in the stride of running and it was ball to hand over hand ball. But no he wouldn't see it any different! The other said it was a shit game to watch. I thought it was pretty open and decent for a 0 - 0!

So made up with that point. I was convinced we would get hammered by them after the weekend. Funny as when we started singing "du du du du Yaya Toure" at them and the whole corner did the Poznan. I can't remember anyone ever getting a reception like Michael Owen did tonight. The booing was so loud, then he got "one greedy b******", "Joey, Joey, beat him up", "Michael Owen is a f***ing arsehole" and booed every time he was near the ball.

Dead proud of the lads tonight. We were solid at the back and didn't just sit back and let them boss us.

Well said. I was terrified of the thought of Owen grabbing them a winner when he came on.

That's brilliant. :mackems:

It just would have been fucking terrible if he did, seeing that little cunt punching his fist in the air at grabbing the winner against us. So glad he contributed nothing and barely touched the ball.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we had a decent striker up top we'd have won last night. Both halves demonstrated many qualities. Our attacking play in the first half and our defensive play in the second half. We played with aggression, high tempo and above all else confidence. This for me was an average Man Utd side but to keep a clean sheet and play so well without a strikeforce or attacking threat from midfield was most pleasing and could bode well for the future should we add some quality additions next season and don't fuck it up Toon style. Well done all, team, fans and manager and coaches.

SAF gave a master class in how to deal with the media last night.

He couldn't have done any better in spinning the incidents to suit his and the his clubs needs.

with the penalties he surely took a leaf out of wengers book. ie the one for us i saw perfectly from 50yds, the one against us was 50yds away so i couldn't see it.

Spoke to two Man United fans in work. Both of them agreed a draw was fair result and that the pens were not worth worrying about. They made me laugh as both had a classic sour grapes at not winning every game style comment. One of them said that Tiote should have been carded and a pen given against him because of handball in the box. I remember that incident, his arms were raised but not pointing up, only forward. I thought it was his arms in the stride of running and it was ball to hand over hand ball. But no he wouldn't see it any different! The other said it was a s*** game to watch. I thought it was pretty open and decent for a 0 - 0!

I agree with you but I did see some referees give out penalties for that.

If we had a decent striker up top we'd have won last night. Both halves demonstrated many qualities. Our attacking play in the first half and our defensive play in the second half. We played with aggression, high tempo and above all else confidence. This for me was an average Man Utd side but to keep a clean sheet and play so well without a strikeforce or attacking threat from midfield was most pleasing and could bode well for the future should we add some quality additions next season and don't f*** it up Toon style. Well done all, team, fans and manager and coaches.

pretty simplistic as the three best chances were all theirs and on most other days would have gone in. (kruls save, giggs 8yds out and rooney one on one)

was in early last night for the 2nd game in a row and noticed a few things, the pre game warm up where tiote puts it wide to barton or simpson on the right and Enrique on the left for a cross into the strikers, wonder why both times ive seen this Jonas does not get involved on the left as Barton does on the right?

And the most cringeworthy thing ive ever seen, linesman comes out for 2nd half checks the nets are attached then when thats complete the guy kisses the ring on his hand on his way back to the sideline, what the fuck!!

was in early last night for the 2nd game in a row and noticed a few things, the pre game warm up where tiote puts it wide to barton or simpson on the right and Enrique on the left for a cross into the strikers, wonder why both times ive seen this Jonas does not get involved on the left as Barton does on the right?

And the most cringeworthy thing ive ever seen, linesman comes out for 2nd half checks the nets are attached then when thats complete the guy kisses the ring on his hand on his way back to the sideline, what the f***!!

many players do it as a superstition in the hope of a good performance, don't see why an official shouldn't be superstitious also.

And the most cringeworthy thing ive ever seen, linesman comes out for 2nd half checks the nets are attached then when thats complete the guy kisses the ring on his hand on his way back to the sideline, what the f***!!

many players do it as a superstition in the hope of a good performance, don't see why an official shouldn't be superstitious also.

yes ive seen players do it when they score a goal, but doing after a successful net check seemed a little OTT

yes ive seen players do it when they score a goal, but doing after a successful net check seemed a little OTT

I would have thought it would have more to do with hoping he puts in a good performance in the second half than celebrating checking the net. Players often do stuff like this when coming on to the pitch.