Newcastle United 0 - 0 Manchester Utd - 19/04/11 - post match reaction from p33

Dave

Just watching the highlights on Sky. Allardyce is actually awful - 'Lovenkrands at the very most should have hit the target with a free header' - don't you mean at the very least sam? He also kept calling Williamson Williams until the guy next to him (Rob Hawthorne) quite deliberately emphasised that it was Williamson. There were countless other things that annoyed me last night that I can't remember now, maybe its just a personal thing.

No you're right he was as inane and inept a summariser as I've ever heard

Just watching the highlights on Sky. Allardyce is actually awful - 'Lovenkrands at the very most should have hit the target with a free header' - don't you mean at the very least sam? He also kept calling Williamson Williams until the guy next to him (Rob Hawthorne) quite deliberately emphasised that it was Williamson. There were countless other things that annoyed me last night that I can't remember now, maybe its just a personal thing.

He's so far up Fergie's hoop I'm not surprised he came across as a twat.

No you're right he was as inane and inept a summariser as I've ever heard

Theres another one. 'The problem for Newcastle is no Andy Carroll and no Kevin Nolan'. Whilst technically true Carroll was sold nearly 3 months ago so it isn't really relevant in the context of what he is saying and is only done to wind Newcastle fans up...and to be fair it worked for me!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Owen looked distinctly uncomfortable and nervous out there. I was a bit surprised at Fergie's decision to bring him on, in the circumstances.

There was a point when Joey went over to him and said something, and I don't think they were words of encouragement. In his street-wise mode, he'd noticed Owen's discomfort and wanted to rub it in.

I love Barton, like.

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if it's welcome, but I'm a Manchester United fan. I know a guy on here and the forum has been absolutely fantastic outside of football chat, but I've ventured in here as I'm interested in all opinions in regards to games.

I thought neither penalty claims were actual penalties, though Lovenkrands most certainly had more of a case. He's not the best finisher in the world. I reckon your defence is solid and if you sign a top quality striker to replace Andy Carroll, you'll stay up with ease again next year (yes, 40 is enough). Odemwingie and Rodallega are potential cheap, top quality buys should their respective clubs go down.

We're not too used to scoreless draws between our sides. Myself and a friend were talking about that tonight. When is the last time a scoreless draw happened between the sides? I can't remember it for the life of me but maybe I'm being a little stupid.

If you can replace Van Der Sar, I'm sure you'll be in competition for European places next season too.

Excellent game of football with us taking the game to them initially but ending it very much on the defensive.

I thought all players did well with even the ineffective Lovenkrands still contributing with hard graft. Colocinni and Tiote were class and deservedly take the plaudits but what about the two players alongside them, Williamson and Guthrie both superb and for me Guthrie just shades MOTM for an incredibly hard working performance which included a lot of skill under pressure.

Have to say the ferocity of abuse shown towards Shearer's mate was amazing and I don't totally understand it. He was offered a huge deal - he took it and he was injured a lot, but when he did play he contributed a lot and had an excellent scoring ratio - many of them in vital matches.

Never seen one of our pantomine villains given such vitriolic abuse.

He called Coloccini "Cudicini" at one point too.

Excellent game of football with us taking the game to them initially but ending it very much on the defensive.

I thought all players did well with even the ineffective Lovenkrands still contributing with hard graft. Colocinni and Tiote were class and deservedly take the plaudits but what about the two players alongside them, Williamson and Guthrie both superb and for me Guthrie just shades MOTM for an incredibly hard working performance which included a lot of skill under pressure.

Have to say the ferocity of abuse shown towards Shearer's mate was amazing and I don't totally understand it. He was offered a huge deal - he took it and he was injured a lot, but when he did play he contributed a lot and had an excellent scoring ratio - many of them in vital matches.

Never seen one of our pantomine villains given such vitriolic abuse.

???  He worked hard and did alright, but i dont think he is good enough!

anyway what a great performance and match. Could have gone both ways but in the end we should be satisfied with the draw.

So made up with that point. I was convinced we would get hammered by them after the weekend. Funny as when we started singing "du du du du Yaya Toure" at them and the whole corner did the Poznan. I can't remember anyone ever getting a reception like Michael Owen did tonight. The booing was so loud, then he got "one greedy b******", "Joey, Joey, beat him up", "Michael Owen is a f***ing arsehole" and booed every time he was near the ball.

Dead proud of the lads tonight. We were solid at the back and didn't just sit back and let them boss us.

Well said. I was terrified of the thought of Owen grabbing them a winner when he came on.

That's brilliant. :mackems:

The ref was great last night, good to see some good refereeing at last.

didn't book nani and missed at least three bookings (both teams) when players were pulled back/held on the edge of the box. after the first one players just done it all the mo. not a crap refereeing performance but not a good one either.

Williamson and Guthrie both superb and for me Guthrie just shades MOTM

;D

Were you in the stadium daft lad ?

Because if you watched on TV you'll have missed how much ground he was covering to get behind the ball when they were breaking in the first half. Very effective.