Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Watching last night's MOTD, how come Leicester and Burnley both have their kits made by Puma but they're not the skintight ones they give to us and Arsenal?

Gary Taylor-Fletcher in Leicester's instance. Burnley :dontknow:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Would you rather win the league cup this season, or wait 10 years to win it if it was guaranteed that we'd also have a club to be proud of?

Question is worded slightly cheesy but I genuinely think I'd wait like, as infuriating as that is.

Would you rather win the league cup this season, or wait 10 years to win it if it was guaranteed that we'd also have a club to be proud of?

Question is worded slightly cheesy but I genuinely think I'd wait like, as infuriating as that is.

Does winning the league cup now preclude us from winning anything in 10 years, or could it be a springboard onto better things?

If the scenario is to win now then nothing after for 10 years, I think I'd rather wait. If up in the air, I'd take it now and hope Pardew turns out to somehow be the next Alex Ferguson (I know I know).

If we get to the final, do you think either Pardew or Ashley will decide enough is enough, they've laid the 'Can't be bothered with cups' criticism to bed, and that throwing the cup, thus avoiding Europe, would make survival easier for next season?

Personally wouldn't put it past them.

This fits the "deluded Geordies expecting too much" stereotype, but winning a trophy now would be bittersweet because I barely even recognise the club these days. I've spent the majority of my life having an intense love for a club that's barely had a sniff at a trophy. If the Ashley era has taught me one thing, it's that silverware isn't the apex of supporting a football club.

I think back to my fondest memories as a fan and I think of Feyenoord, Juventus, etc. Those occasions weren't exhilarating for their proximity to actual silverware. They simply typified the identity of the club at the time - it was a club to be proud of. I'd rather have that than winning the League Cup under this administration.

Obviously, I would love for the club to - one day - become successful and win things, but silverware is the sum of several parts we simply do not have. Ultimately, it's not a question we need to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Why did Kenny Dalglish break the 2nd place team up? I always wanted to know that...were there any books/bios etc that explained as such?

It's been talked about a few times on here. The team was near its end, Beardsley was done, Ferdinand was injured a fair bit iirc, but the ridiculous thing that he did was change it for even older players and in some cases got rid of the younger players (got rid of Elliott instead of Beresford)

I'm not getting into it again, but he got rid of Ginola, which was a mistake, but generally he brought in daft players when at that point we were a team trying to win the league. John Barnes, Ian Rush and Stuart Pearce ffs. Just utter stupidity.

What's it called when a player lays a penalty off for another player to score?

And I don't mean retarded, I mean is there a proper name for it.

I thought there was - it's a brazilian-y name like a flaffeffa or something with 'f's and 'v's that isn't flavela.