Arsene Wenger

Parky

Chesney's looked alright from what I've seen, not much more. He's only 20/21 like so we'll see how he develops over the next couple of years.

The point is though, it's risky to rely on him to be your no.1, because you just don't how he'll turn out. But Wenger will probably do this then buy a couple of wishy-washy attacking players who'll be great one game and fail to produce in the next 2, only for one of them to score a goal to give you a 1-1 draw at a relegation-threatened team to prove Arsenal's so-called mental toughness yet again.

Guest BooBoo

He's been acting like a tit for the last few years, his antics last year at Old Trafford were particularly stupid.

For me, Wenger is a living legend. And the way the Arsenal club is run, top notch.

Same, who gives a fuck if he's gone however-many years without a trophy? That's normal in the life of a football club, he should be getting nothing but respect for what he's achieved.

I'm not talking about the trophies I'm talking about his recent petulant behaviour, stubborness to change key things and his general Gallic countenance.

Not a joke but needs to replace a lot of his team

Who, in particular, do you think needs replacing?

Goalkeeper, perhaps need a steady old head to help out Szczęsny and obviously get rid of Almunia but not as pressing as before. Out of the defence Djourou is solid enough squad player but that really should be it, Sagnas alright and Vermaelens good enough but the rest are poor, eboue is a walking natural disaster when he plays Clichys gone way back on where he was and Koscielny and Squillaci are very poor so get rid of those 4.

In midfield were I Wenger i would honestly think of moving Fabregas on, he just doesn't look terribly interested in being an Arsenal player anymore, Denilson, lord knows how hes an Arsenal player and theres a need for a real dm to just give some extra backbone to your midfield.

Forwards, as good as Arshavin can be perhaps time to move him on, he's just not showing it regularly enough Rosiciky again how is he an Arsenal player, Bedneter needs moving on fast offers nothing to arsenal. I'd give Chamakh another season to see if he adjusts to English football but Arsenal need a proper reliable striker because as good as Van Persie is when fit, you just can't rely on him.

There are a lot who are just going through the motions and look like they won't make the step up it take to win the league.

For me, Wenger is a living legend. And the way the Arsenal club is run, top notch.

Same, who gives a fuck if he's gone however-many years without a trophy? That's normal in the life of a football club, he should be getting nothing but respect for what he's achieved.

I'm not talking about the trophies I'm talking about his recent petulant behaviour, stubborness to change key things and his general Gallic countenance.

Even so, he only needs to change key things because of the length of time he's gone without winning something. If he'd picked up the title this season everyone would be calling him a genius again.

and his walking sleeping bag- dont forget his walking sleeping bag.

Same, who gives a f*** if he's gone however-many years without a trophy? That's normal in the life of a football club, he should be getting nothing but respect for what he's achieved.

Yeah wtf is that all about, drives me mad whenever you see him sat on bench scowling in a 150 tog bag with arms.

Same, who gives a f*** if he's gone however-many years without a trophy? That's normal in the life of a football club, he should be getting nothing but respect for what he's achieved.

Yeah wtf is that all about, drives me mad whenever you see him sat on bench scowling in a 150 tog bag with arms.

the best ones are the camera shots that cut his feet off and just show him floating along in his bag. :lol:

I have read in today NOTW.... Sagna said the players failed not the manger and ten days earlier ... The club Capitain Fabrgas said they need to sign some one big or failing adrifit.... If the manager was Ferguson not Wenger... Sagna will be appointed as the new club capital and Fabrgas would be sold immediately... This is why Wenger is not successful he doesn't have a strong spine inspte  of having a brrilaint mind...

ah right.

His behaviour can be really embarrassing, but if you look at our top three managers - Fergie, Mourinho and Wenger - they all seem to be prone to bouts of madness following a defeat or disappointment. It's like their self-belief and will to win are so strong that they can't accept they've been beaten fairly at times. It's odd to see these intelligent men behave like children who are convinced that they're being picked on, but their determination -which rubs off on their players - leads them down that alley at times.

I don't think it's necessary and when they cross a boundary and accuse refs of corruption, they should be punished severely.

On the stubborn accusation, it usually relates to his failure to bring new players in, but as I said before, I think the very top players are financially out of Arsenal's reach at the moment.

Where I think Wenger has got it right, despite all the criticism, is in two particular areas -

a - he won't pick a purely defensive midfield player. It's important for his strategy that every midfield player can pass the ball, and so even a player like Song is actually fairly comfortable in possession. There's no point in winning the ball if you can't then use it.

b - He keeps attacking till the final whistle, even when the team are defending a lead. Some say he should shut up shop, but how many times do you see a team surrender all the initiative in that sitaution and end up pinned back in defence for the last 10 minutes, and concede as a result. For him, the correct percentage decision is to keep attacking, and I suspect he's right, providing his players can buy into it and keep their nerve.

I have read in today NOTW.... Sagna said the players failed not the manger and ten days earlier ... The club Capitain Fabrgas said they need to sign some one big or failing adrifit.... If the manager was Ferguson not Wenger... Sagna will be appointed as the new club capital and Fabrgas would be sold immediately... This is why Wenger is not successful he doesn't have a strong spine inspte  of having a brrilaint mind...

:lol:

Can't believe I'm saying this but in a way I agree with part of what Ethi's saying. I do think to move forward they need to get rid of Fabregas. Too much distraction, and it's not like he's putting in the performances this season to outweigh the distraction. He's so scared of being made to look like he's been beaten in a transfer battle with Barca, that he won't do what I think would do wonders for the team's morale.

:dowie: :dowie: :dowie: :dowie:

• 2 weeks later...

The Arsenal support voted with their feet, as much as with their voices, after watching a performance that was typical, in many ways, of their frustrating season. The players, despite being on the front foot for much of the match, struggled to capitalise on their chances while at the back they undermined themselves grotesquely. Unhealthy doses of bad luck completed the picture.

Booed off at half-time and full-time, they then had to endure a lap of appreciation in front of a stadium that was barely a third full. Arsenal's supporters continue to rage at the ticket price hikes for next season while the lack of silverware has fuelled the discontent. They now face a battle to finish in third place and, if Manchester City were to win their remaining two fixtures, Arsenal would be pressed into an unwanted Champions League qualifying tie at the beginning of next season.

The post-match lap was excruciating, although the majority of the home fans who did stay did their best to drown out the jeers. Arsène Wenger and plenty of the players looked as if they wanted to be elsewhere and perhaps some of them will be next season."

The players, despite being on the front foot for much of the match, struggled to capitalise on their chances while at the back they undermined themselves grotesquely.

It's OK. Wenger will rectify the problem by getting rid of a couple of floaty, inconsistent attacking players, and replace them with a couple of floaty, inconsistent attacking players.

The players, despite being on the front foot for much of the match, struggled to capitalise on their chances while at the back they undermined themselves grotesquely.

It's OK. Wenger will rectify the problem by getting rid of a couple of floaty, inconsistent attacking players, and replace them with a couple of floaty, inconsistent attacking players.

:lol: It's funny because it's true.