Sammy Ameobi released

James

Deserves his squad place long before Nile Ranger, who has well and truly spurned his chance. An infinitely better attitude and actually seems to have a bit more footballing ability about him.

:nods:

This is coming from somebody who thought Ranger did have some raw attributes. But seriously, on reflection, Sammy showed more skill in those minutes against Scunthorpe than Ranger did in his endless chances. He actually struck a football cleanly that went into the net, too.

Deserves his squad place long before Nile Ranger, who has well and truly spurned his chance. An infinitely better attitude and actually seems to have a bit more footballing ability about him.

:nods:

This is coming from somebody who thought Ranger did have some raw attributes. But seriously, on reflection, Sammy showed more skill in those minutes against Scunthorpe than Ranger did in his endless chances. He actually struck a football cleanly that went into the net, too.

Exact same feelings here. I was willing to give Ranger another chance because he did show a few glimpses of raw talent last season but it looks as if his attitude is still as s*** as ever. The stories from Beardsley/Nolan didn't particularly show Nile in a good light either. Best for both parties if Ranger moves on. It's a shame tbh.

Sammy_Ameobi Samuel Ameobi

Can't wait for #fifa12 ...wonder if I'll look like the standard black guy they always produce for the lesser players lol

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

obviously wasnt there for the 12 camera face photoshoot thing they did for us back in february

Just give him shola's face but with hair haha

The Teeth man its all about the teeth

:lol:

Skirge, how about Sammy as the ? striker in your sig?

You have a point.. he has earned his place

The fact we've got an up and coming kid with talent, who is actually glad to be here, thankful for his opportunity to play football for us and is a canny lad with a good work ethic rather than a Grade A cuntflap is one of the few things we have to be happy about at the moment.

Watched the reserve highlights from the Wolves match tonight. From the clips he was shown on he looked a cut above anybody else on the pitch. The Wolves players couldn't get near him.

Really encouraging stuff.

He also looked gutted after out of nothing he created a chance, but the shot was then misfired. Really do love his attitude.

Watched the reserve highlights from the Wolves match tonight. From the clips he was shown on he looked a cut above anybody else on the pitch. The Wolves players couldn't get near him.

Really encouraging stuff.

He also looked gutted after out of nothing he created a chance, but the shot was then misfired. Really do love his attitude.

That's what I was thinking. Only a small sample but his first touch, dribbling etc actually looks very accomplished. That ball to create the chance was fantastic too.

I remember watching him play wide for the youth and thinking he'd never make it, but seems he's pushed on recently in a Carroll-esque manner.

Guest Rainforest

Being in the sorry state that we are, Its going to be exciting if Sammy gets a shot a bit more frequently. I think he will do well.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Think it's class how less than a year ago he was still getting the metro as well.

I seen him outside central station getting outside of a VW Golf in his full Nigeria tracksuit.

One of the greatest days of my life.