Sammy Ameobi released

James

Guest antz1uk

He was decent on the whole yesterday, but i stand by what I said about him before in that he has one style of play which is byline and cross. Aarons has more to his game.

He wasn't decent at all, he was abysmal. Every move after a Sammy touch was a throw in.

Because he's willing to try and take his man on, after being put in unfavorable situations for attacking players under the s**** formation/tactics that Pardew plays. With Dummett behind him there's no other threat on the left flank meaning teams can just double/triple him and nullify his dribbling and footwork.

Personally I think it's a good option for a team to have a direct 'proper winger' on one side with a roamer on the other, and Sammy is a decent direct winger.

Give over, he's shit, he's inconsistent at best, he will never make a decent premier league player (apart from us giving him a contract) he went to middlesbrough last year on loan and was shit in the championship

He was rotten yesterday, there's no denying it, but mozy has a point in my opinion. If you look at the typical ball played in to him, it's either a hopeless punt up field that he needs to control, and if he does he finds himself facing two opponents at least with little to no support. Or he gets the ball played into him on the edge of our own box after an opposition attacks breaks down (the typical Pardew defensive winger position) with it all to do in terms of bringing the ball forward and creating something. How often do you see our midfield slipping him in as he makes a run on the wing, to leave him one on one with the full back, or to put him through on goal? I've always said he's probably a squad player at best, an impact sub, so for our squad to look so threadbare that he is a starting winger tells its own story, but he is not exactly being used in a system that suits him, or any of our other attacking players.

How often do you see our midfield slipping him in as he makes a run on the wing, to leave him one on one with the full back, or to put him through on goal?

He never moves to try that sort of thing though. Only time he's ever gone for it was against Spurs and he ended up scoring. Apart from that he's constantly hanging back and receiving balls played behind him. By the time he controls it and turns the defenders are just lining up waiting for their turn to tackle him because they know his only move is to try for the line.

I sweaer some people suffer temporary blindness when certain players get the ball.

Relate this to what's been said about Sammy?

Absolute bollocks. He barely even tried to bring the ball past people yesterday and 95% of the time either went no where ran into someone, dribbled it out of play or something equally s****... Also if you think it's a good idea to have a roamer- and by that I guess you mean gouffran you need your head checking

The bits in bold simply aren't true. If people cant develop an argument that Sammy is crap without making things up then they should really give up trying.

He was decent on the whole yesterday, but i stand by what I said about him before in that he has one style of play which is byline and cross. Aarons has more to his game.

He wasn't decent at all, he was abysmal. Every move after a Sammy touch was a throw in.

Because he's willing to try and take his man on, after being put in unfavorable situations for attacking players under the shite formation/tactics that Pardew plays. With Dummett behind him there's no other threat on the left flank meaning teams can just double/triple him and nullify his dribbling and footwork.

Personally I think it's a good option for a team to have a direct 'proper winger' on one side with a roamer on the other, and Sammy is a decent direct winger.

Absolute bollocks. He barely even tried to bring the ball past people yesterday and 95% of the time either went no where ran into someone, dribbled it out of play or something equally shite... Also if you think it's a good idea to have a roamer- and by that I guess you mean gouffran you need your head checking

You're totally wrong here, Sammy and Ayoze were the only 2 who actually tried to take people on and commit defenders. Did he run it out/get tackled, yes he did but I'd much rather players tried to do that than take the cowardly easy pass option all the time. (see Gouffran, Y.) By roamer I mean someone like Cabella, Valbuena or the best in the country which is David Silva, so perhaps it's best not to guess and then throw incorrect insults around.

I sweaer some people suffer temporary blindness when certain players get the ball.

Absolute bollocks. He barely even tried to bring the ball past people yesterday and 95% of the time either went no where ran into someone, dribbled it out of play or something equally s****... Also if you think it's a good idea to have a roamer- and by that I guess you mean gouffran you need your head checking

The bits in bold simply aren't true. If people cant develop an argument that Sammy is crap without making things up then they should really give up trying.

Fair enough, he def tried to beat his man but he repeatedly did the same thing imo. My problem with him is he's a poor decision maker, and seems to lack awareness

Can't argue with that. Its just that occasionally he actually gets it right.

Fair enough, he def tried to beat his man but he repeatedly did the same thing imo. My problem with him is he's a poor decision maker, and seems to lack awareness

Can't argue with that. Its just that occasionally he actually gets it right.

I like the kid a lot and hope he develops into something more cogent as a player, but as of now he seems like a one-trick pony where he does the same little nudge of the ball with his left foot and tries to get past the fullback, but he's simply too slow to beat him and has no other tricks up his sleeve. By the time he's about to cross, the fullback has casually sauntered up to block it, which results in one of our epic, devastating corners.

A friend of mine who supports Arsneal texted me during the game and said something along the lines of "If Sammy can play PL football then there's still hope for all of us".

Sums up how bad he was yesterday. Yet still a hundred times better than Gouffran.

“You have to block out the crowd, never mind the pressure of fans trying to push you on for the win, you’ve just got to play the game that you need to play."

Sammy pls

“When they say “go, go, go, take him on!” I feel like I can fly!”

“You have to block out the crowd, never mind the pressure of fans trying to push you on for the win, you’ve just got to play the game that you need to play."

Sammy pls

Blatantly a quote recycled from the dressing room voice of Pards. His influence on their philosophy/mentality is so transparent. It's why we've seen so many tangible regressions of so many players; he infects them with his bullshit, scaredy-cat ideals. Blocking out the crowd during a home derby game. Fuck off, man, that is utterly spineless and frankly an entirely counterproductive philosophy. You use the crowd, ffs.

When everyone in the ground plus millions at home know exactly what he's going to do next - shift the ball onto his left and go for the bye line, it's no wonder premier league full backs have him sussed.

I can see this beginning to take off as the bog standard opinion of Sammy. In reality, there's more to his game than that, and he can be very effective down the centre as well.

Defenders are aware of him as a danger and are starting to double up on him. It can then often be the best option to keep it simple and just go down the outside, and the usual result from that on Sunday was a cross, corner or throw in, in our favour.

His first touch isn't great, so if he can be pressured right away, he struggles a bit. But once it's under his control, he's starting to use it a lot more wisely.

When everyone in the ground plus millions at home know exactly what he's going to do next - shift the ball onto his left and go for the bye line, it's no wonder premier league full backs have him sussed.

I can see this beginning to take off as the bog standard opinion of Sammy. In reality, there's more to his game than that, and he can be very effective down the centre as well.

Defenders are aware of him as a danger and are starting to double up on him. It can then often be the best option to keep it simple and just go down the outside, and the usual result from that on Sunday was a cross, corner or throw in, in our favour.

His first touch isn't great, so if he can be pressured right away, he struggles a bit. But once it's under his control, he's starting to use it a lot more wisely.

Corner in our favour? Does such a thing even exist?

Sammy pls

“When they say “go, go, go, take him on!” I feel like I can fly!”

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/08/sad-crying-cat.gif

Ando questioned what was up with Sammy as apparently he missed a game through illness and has not been seen since.

Has he picked up an injury?

Pardew had him taken outside and shot, after the little episode about the season possibly pittering out.