Sammy Ameobi released

James

I think this lad has arrived. He's in the last year of his contract and it worries me that he's going to play a blinder against a big club and someone's going to come in for him. We should offer him a new deal now.

You seem to have massive mental problems

Why are our players always bloody injured?

"derek I think I've injured my leg quite badly"

"here gan rub some of this magic pie on it"

"derek please I'm bleeding so much"

etc

this wasn't supposed to be as funny as you meant it, but it was :lol:

He's got 1 goal and 2 assists in 606 mins of football this season (the equivalent of about 6.5 to 7 games).  That's the same number of assists as, among others, Silva, Cazorla, Nasri and Ramsay.  All of whom, I think, have played more minutes than him.

So - not exactly stellar, but not quite an attacker who doesn't score or create.

And he's achieved it in one of the most despicable sides known to mankind. We play truly putrid football.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I hope Sammi continues to improve him and Shola seem like good lads but I worry that they perhaps aren't the quickest learners ?

I said a while back that I didn't think he was good enough to make it, I don't pretend to be a fountain of all footballing knowledge though so happy to admit when I think I might be wrong, and I think I might be, seems to growing as a player, very good defensively but also knows how to beat a man and get a cross into the box.

The prolonged run in the first team if continued till the end of the season should show exactly what kind of player hes going to be, signs are positive though.

When he assisted the winner against qpr no fucker bumped it up, but when he played badly in the following game his thread was bumped up almost immediately.

Now, seems that no fucker wants to acknowledge his part he played in the first goal.

Sorry, people who have thei favourites are quite embarrassing. Not having a go at Ben arfa's fanboys, btw.

Okay, maybe I was! Ridiculous is the level of defence/criticism between them.

When he assisted the winner against qpr no f***er bumped it up, but when he played badly in the following game his thread was bumped up almost immediately.

Now, seems that no f***er wants to acknowledge his part he played in the first goal.

Sorry, people who have thei favourites are quite embarrassing. Not having a go at Ben arfa's fanboys, btw.

The cross for the goal should have been easily dealt with by Cahill, I could have cleared that one.

When he assisted the winner against qpr no f***er bumped it up, but when he played badly in the following game his thread was bumped up almost immediately.

Now, seems that no f***er wants to acknowledge his part he played in the first goal.

The cross for the goal should have been easily dealt with by Cahill, I could have cleared that one.

:yao:

aye it was a trickle of piss :lol:

or maybe the cross was so good, Cahill just couldn't deal with it fully.

Sammy had another good game where he has shown signs of improvement in the final third as far as his awareness goes. Certainly played his part in what was a determined and focused team performance.

Sammy put in 3 or 4 very pacey crosses today. They were difficult for defenders to deal with and the odds were that sooner or later one of them was going to drop to one of our players.

one noticeable improvement in our play recently has been the quality of balls into the box from open play. sammi and janmatt in particular. I put that down to the individuals rather than it being an intentional change. great to see balls being fizzed for a change.

Nearly walked out after some of the shit the wankers behind me were coming out with during his dodgy spell in the first half. Same arseholes that gave his brother so much stick. Some great crosses as someone else has mentioned. Our fans are a fucking embarrassment at times.

Don't think your mobility scooter would have got you there in time.

Even when he isn't playing great, I don't tend to find him annoying, because I can see genuine ability there, and he tries things.

Shola's goofy act on the other hand, riled me immensely.