Sammy Ameobi released

James

How do we get comp if he signs the contract??  :hmm:

Going to be here for 10 years just like his brother  :facepalm:

If he signs you get a squad player for peanuts, no doubt, I'll be surprised if he signs the deal unless there is just no market for him. We did exactly the same thing with Inman, think we got a couple of thousand for him, that could pay off Charvers contract !!

How do we get comp if he signs the contract??  :hmm:

Going to be here for 10 years just like his brother  :facepalm:

If he signs you get a squad player for peanuts, no doubt, I'll be surprised if he signs the deal unless there is just no market for him. We did exactly the same thing with Inman, think we got a couple of thousand for him, that could pay off Charvers contract !!

Taking up a space from someone else...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2015/mar/31/premier-league-young-team-season-england-harry-kane

;)

Don't think he'll ever quite be good enough tbh but as a squad player behind a much better first choice it's not the worst decision, could improve and if he doesn't he won't be a massive headache on big wages to get rid of.

If we judged by stats Williamson would be world class.

Tbf hes come into the side under Alan Pardew & now played under John Carver.

I know Perez/Aarons still showed their potential, but might be a bit harsh to write off youngsters. Decent manager might help him for starters, his final product seems the issue.

Guest firetotheworks

One happy bunny over here.

I can only assume that you're an Ameobi like. Your obsession with him is really weird, he's shown absolutely nothing.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2015/mar/31/premier-league-young-team-season-england-harry-kane

;)

Don't think he'll ever quite be good enough tbh but as a squad player behind a much better first choice it's not the worst decision, could improve and if he doesn't he won't be a massive headache on big wages to get rid of.

:lol:

Some people just seem to think that the definition of "stats" is "things that are wrong"

;)

if that stat is;  times he went out of his way to avoid shaking Carvers hand in his last match then yes. by any other stat, nah he's still shite.

I don't think he'll ever make a PL player but we can't release everyone who that applies to.

Irrespective of what you think of Sammy, unless you think real football works like Champ Manager (and you can sign 15 odd senior players in a single window), the club needs him.

He's bang average but occasionally shows flashes. As a squad player to come in as 3rd choice no worries but the problem is given our lack of quality and numbers he's too often near the first team.

They won't be paying him much and in general I'm non-plus either way really.

I don't think we'll ever have to worry about a top 6 club coming in for him but he has potential that he occasionally shows. If he can get a bit of consistency in his game he could be a solid squad player. I think it's a sensible thing to keep him on.