Sammy Ameobi released

James

Decent player, sensible decision.

:yao:

What's your definition of decent man, christ. Rather keep Sammy as a backup than spunk 3-4mil on a similarly talented championship winger.

Guest firetotheworks

You say that like we have some sort of relationship with Mike Ashley's money.

What's your definition of decent man, christ. Rather keep Sammy as a backup than spunk 3-4mil on a similarly talented championship winger.

We can start with actually knowing what you're supposed to be doing on the pitch. He's even thicker than his older brother, and that's saying an awful lot.

We can't replace everyone this summer. Happy for him to get a new deal as long as it is not a long term commitment.

Give him a year, maybe he will improve under new management

Jonas

Aye careful what you wish for innit?

• 4 weeks later...

We offered him a new contract so if anyone else wants him we'd be owed a fee. Can't imagine they'd be silly enough to offer him anything more than the relatively low wages he's on now.

All you have to do is match current wages (or exceed of course) to be owed money via a tribunal.

Sammy is a long way from being the worst player we have in the squad. At least he has showed some flashes of real talent and has scores some pretty good goals. Rather him than Jonas, Gouffran, Obertan playing out wide.

Sammy is a long way from being the worst player we have in the squad. At least he has showed some flashes of real talent and has scores some pretty good goals. Rather him than Jonas, Gouffran, Obertan playing out wide.

Yup. I don't think he's being kept on however.

I'd totally forgot Gouffran even existed, does he still play for us? I'm sure when he first signed he didn't look totally inept, maybe McClaren can get him looking like a footballer again.

I'd totally forgot Gouffran even existed, does he still play for us? I'm sure when he first signed he didn't look totally inept, maybe McClaren can get him looking like a footballer again.

I really think Gouffran's form was affected by Cabaye leaving.  I can't remember how he and Cabaye linked up on the pitch but he has certainly been poor since that January.

I really think Gouffran's form was affected by Cabaye leaving Pardew.  I can't remember how he and Cabaye linked up on the pitch but he has certainly been poor since that January when Pardew made him a defensive left winger to support the left back.

The problem is, the flashes of talent are just that, he doesn't do enough in 90 mins to have a real impact. But yes, he's better than that lot if only because he can put in the odd decent cross and score a goal now and then.