Sammy Ameobi released

James

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-launch-bid-newcastle-9550432

By Lee Ryder

Sammy Ameobi's future will be decided in the next few days but Cardiff boss Russell Slade eager to offer the winger a chance in the Championship

Sammy Ameobi is understood to be the subject of a bid from Cardiff City.

The soon-to-be out-of-contract winger is expected to return to Newcastle for the start of pre-season training on Wednesday despite not penning a new deal.

No move away from Newcastle can be agreed unless interested clubs cough up compensation for the Toon player after he worked his way through the ranks at United.

Ameobi has been mulling over signing a new deal and even if he does agree a contract the Bluebirds could then move for the player on loan.

West Brom, Crystal Palace, Wolves and Everton are on the list of English clubs thought to be interested in the 23-year-old. But none of them have followed up earlier summer interest and a move to Real Sociedad to play under David Moyes also looks to have fallen through.

Might just be being thick but why would he be reporting for pre-season training if he's no longer contracted to the club?

In Sammy's shoes, I'd be looking to impress the new regime in pre-season training, and either get a better contract, or receive sufficient encouragement about my prospects that I'd sign the existing one.

I think this lad has got something, and who knows, maybe our new Scottish maestro will be able to bring out the best in him.

Might just be being thick but why would he be reporting for pre-season training if he's no longer contracted to the club?

Don't get that too. And how can we loan him to Cardiff if he is unattached?

Don't get that too. And how can we loan him to Cardiff if he is unattached?

I think that it would be that we are due compensation even if he walks away due to something in the laws and I suspect that is the only reason why he was offered a new deal to give the illusion we still want him thus forcing it higher when the deal must've been fairly shite because he hasn't signed despite giving the illusion of being fairly happy being a bit part player and stopping in Newcastle.

Exactly. Not sure what happens if he just doesn't want to stay at NUFC. How long until someone can sign him gratis? Seems kind of ridiculous that he's not able to do as he wishes.

Its not as if he has to turn up for training or have any involvement with NUFC anymore.  He just has to go out and find a new club and once a tribunal sorts out compensation he can play poorly for them.

Exactly. Not sure what happens if he just doesn't want to stay at NUFC. How long until someone can sign him gratis? Seems kind of ridiculous that he's not able to do as he wishes.

Don't see how its ridiculous, its not as if he has to turn up for training or have any involvement with NUFC.  He just has to go out and find a new club and once a tribunal sorts out compensation he can play poorly for them.

He's an out of contract worker who cannot work for someone else unless they pay a fee. He is neither earning, nor capable of earning elsewhere. He's basically forced to re-sign for us, on a no doubt ridiculously low ball contract.

He can go and work in ASDA if he wants.  Seriously I doubt the fee will be high and theirs a reason for it after all, to stop clubs losing the youngsters they've trained for years for nowt.  If he cant find a club prepared to pay a hundred grand or so for him then perhaps he needs to look at a different career?

Ridiculously underrated going by the last few posts. You must all be very confident that Tauvin or someone of his ilk is set to join or look forward to another season of Obertan and Gouffran providing our strikeforce with clear cut chances.