Sammy Ameobi released

James

I thought there was a block on outgoing players until we got ones in.

:lol:

They brought that guy in on trial, tbf. I could see how that frees up room for a season long loan.

I just can't get my head around this deal at all. We better have a properly good winger lined up FFS

They'll be hoping he has a good enough season at Cardiff that they end up wanting to buy him. No doubt paying more than what they would've got in compensation.

I just can't get my head around this deal at all. We better have a properly good winger lined up FFS

It's not like we need a particularly good winger to replace the shite that we've got, with or without Sammy. I'm just glad the regime and coaches don't see him as a first team player.

They'll be hoping he has a good enough season at Cardiff that they end up wanting to buy him. No doubt paying more than what they would've got in compensation.

Aye but if he sees out his 2 year contract we won't be due compensation at the end.

Don't particularly rate him but can't fathom this at all.

We've got a threadbare squad, we don't seem to be in any hurry to invest and we're losing the likes of Ryan Taylor, Jonas and now Sammy.

At the end of the day, although we should be aiming much, much higher, these are all players who could come in for a game here and there.

Regardless of their quality (or lack of) we'll be left throwing kids in left, right and centre at this rate simply because we have no form of backup at all.

Don't particularly rate him but can't fathom this at all.

We've got a threadbare squad, we don't seem to be in any hurry to invest and we're losing the likes of Ryan Taylor, Jonas and now Sammy.

At the end of the day, although we should be aiming much, much higher, these are all players who could come in for a game here and there.

Regardless of their quality (or lack of) we'll be left throwing kids in left, right and centre at this rate simply because we have no form of backup at all.

:thup:

Seems to make sense to me. He's got a year at Cardiff to make the grade and come back to prove it. 2-years on a relatively small salary seems fine.

This is of course assuming we're looking at other players as our current wide options are Gouffran, Aarons, Cabella, Obertan and I guess Perez. Two of those I'd ideally never seen in a Newcastle shirt again. 5 players for two positions isn't batshit crazy but they wouldn't have let him leave on loan without at least some kind of plan. Right? RIGHT?

Seems to make sense to me. He's got a year at Cardiff to make the grade and come back to prove it. 2-years on a relatively small salary seems fine.

This is of course assuming we're looking at other players as our current wide options are Gouffran, Aarons, Cabella, Obertan and I guess Perez. Two of those I'd ideally never seen in a Newcastle shirt again. 5 players for two positions isn't batshit crazy but they wouldn't have let him leave on loan without at least some kind of plan. Right? RIGHT?

There's Marveaux as well, we might have a manager who can figure out how to use him.