Sammy Ameobi released

James

Interesting comparison currently happening in real time between 2 Newcastle United players:

Watching on TV: Sammy Ameobi performing for his country

Watching in Forest Hall Car Park: Nile Ranger sitting in his Ranger Rover while his tiny gf buys booze in Sainsburys

Just had a random thought there, didn't Ranger represent the England U19s when he was like 17/18?

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Sammy Ameobi once again looked the part in the white of England as he won his second cap for Stuart Pearce's under-21s - his first Three Lions start.

He produced another exciting display on the left wing, following on from his 79-minute appearance as a substitute against Iceland last week, as England lost 2-1 to Belgium in Mons.

The 19-year-old Newcastle starlet linked up superbly with Crystal Palace left-back Nathaniel Clyne throughout his 63 minutes on the pitch, before he was replaced by Aston Villa's Gary Gardner.

His direct runs down the left caused problems for the Belgians and he was on the field when the visitors took the lead through a header from Liverpool's Martin Kelly.

Ameobi - who sat out part of training on Sunday with a bug - had recently been withdrawn when Belgium levelled through Jens Naessens on 72 minutes.

And in stoppage time, Omar El Kaddouri struck to win the game for the hosts as Ameobi looked on helplessly from the bench.

The defeat was England's first in their European Under-21 Championships qualifying group, but they remain at the top of their table with four wins from five games.

Guest Heneage

Interesting comparison currently happening in real time between 2 Newcastle United players:

Watching in Forest Hall Car Park: Nile Ranger sitting in his Ranger Rover while his tiny gf buys booze in Sainsburys

Just had a random thought there, didn't Ranger represent the England U19s when he was like 17/18?

He did, he's not been capped for U21's iirc.

:thup: Yeah, he definitely hasn't played for the U21s.

There should be a notion of "what if" for Ranger. He'll probably be asking himself, "what if I actually applied myself in training and actually worked hard.......I could have been so much more than what I am at the moment."

There should be a notion of "what if" for Ranger. He'll probably be asking himself, "what if I actually applied myself in training and actually worked hard.......I could have been so much more than what I am at the moment."

Honestly don't think he gives a fuck, if he was away with the under 21's it would have been a chore. He will be happier fannying about with his lass/mates while Sammy makes something of himself.

Honestly don't think he gives a f***, if he was away with the under 21's it would have been a chore. He will be happier fannying about with his lass/mates while Sammy makes something of himself.

Aye.