Sammy Ameobi released

James

Worse than shit!

Have a word with yourself. He is a young lad learning his trade who has been thrust in at a level he's not yet ready for. He needs to go out on loan but due to our ineptitude in building a squad he hasn't been allowed to do so. Some of our fans have a terrible attitude towards some of our younger players who aren't yet ready for first team football. Some might never be ready but to hurl such abuse at them isn't going to help is it?

:thup: youngsters into a struggling team never works.

That said I think he's poor at best.

Worse than shit!

Have a word with yourself. He is a young lad learning his trade who has been thrust in at a level he's not yet ready for. He needs to go out on loan but due to our ineptitude in building a squad he hasn't been allowed to do so. Some of our fans have a terrible attitude towards some of our younger players who aren't yet ready for first team football. Some might never be ready but to hurl such abuse at them isn't going to help is it?

Yep..... but when a senior player like Coloccini plays badly... it's Williamson's fault, injury distrubted season, etc.

Clearly a raw youngster who needs regular games at a lower level.

Throwing him into a shit team and expecting him to look anything other than shit is ridiculous.

I don't know if he'll ever amount to much as an NUFC player, but anyone slagging him off needs to have a word with themselves.

Guest palnese

Clearly a raw youngster who needs regular games at a lower level.

Throwing him into a shit team and expecting him to look anything other than shit is ridiculous.

I don't know if he'll ever amount to much as an NUFC player, but anyone slagging him off needs to have a word with themselves.

You'd expect him to look like he cares about the badge he's wearing on his chest.

Couldn't disagree more with the general tone of this thread. He was the only player out there that looked remotely capable of making something happen. He showed an appetite for the ball and didn't shirk anything. His team-mates weren't nearly positive enough.

Yes, he made some mistakes, but they happened through trying to achieve something. He'll come good.

Couldn't disagree more with the general tone of this thread. He was the only player out there that looked remotely capable of making something happen. He showed an appetite for the ball and didn't shirk anything. His team-mates weren't nearly positive enough.

Yes, he made some mistakes, but they happened through trying to achieve something. He'll come good.

Aye, I tend more towards the positives with Sammy. Very, very raw, but there's a lot of ability in there.

Aye, I tend more towards the positives with Sammy. Very, very raw, but there's a lot of ability in there.

Buried so fkn deep India Jones couldn't find it

Sammy did have a go today which is more than we can say for most players and IIRC a lot of folks like him before one bad match. That said he is way too inexperienced to be playing and needs to be on loan desperately.

Worse than s***!

:thup: youngsters into a struggling team never works.

That said I think he's poor at best.

This.

The likes of Sammy, Tav and Abeid are seeing there development damaged by the owners inability to give the manager and fans a squad big enough and strong to compete in all the competitions we have entered for the 4th season running.

I will let him off for the season we were in the championship as the be all and end of of that season was to get back in the premiership and we didn't really need the distraction of the cups,  same with the first season back in the premier league,  staying up was the priority.

This season though on the back of a great season we failed to build on it and by not investing and giving us a squad strong enough to compete in both domestic and european football and as a result instead of giving the likes of Sammy a season on loan learning his trade he is getting thrown into a struggling team lacking in confidence and expected to be one of the big players with the responsibilty of creating and scoring the goals.

Sorry mate, I think the criticism and abuse of young players is ridiculous at times - but he was terrible today.

He needs a loan, but we are in a situation where we need bodies and he has had a few chances. He has close control and can take people on, but just needs to learn. It was interesting to see LuaLua today who seems to have done well at Brighton. He spent time on loan and made a handful of appearances for us. Now he has a physical presence, direct and burst of speed, however a couple of times you wondered if he knew what he was doing. I don't think any of our young players will develop playing in a poor team and receiving criticism from the manager.

Said and was blasted for it a couple of days ago but will say it again. Needs to be loaned out and put as far away from Shola as possible before his inevitable potential is lost and his transformation is complete. I even saw the Shola grin today when Sammy easily surrendered possession in the 80th minute!

Guest neesy111

Probably the least talented player I've seen for a while (at this level). Headless chicken.

What a load of tosh.

:no:

Probably the least talented player I've seen for a while (at this level). Headless chicken.

Incredibly harsh. This thread is like a bloody yo-yo. He has a great amount of skill as he has shown in glimpses. He just makes a lot of wrong decisions fueled by his natural naivety. Needs to learn his craft in league one or the championship, like many of our other fringe/youth players. Reserve football is no place to develop and a large part of why we havent seen as many youth players prosper as they should have done. 

Incredibly harsh. This thread is like a bloody yo-yo. He has a great amount of skill as he has shown in glimpses. He just makes a lot of wrong decisions fueled by his natural naivety. Needs to learn his craft in league one or the championship, like many of our other fringe/youth players. Reserve football is no place to develop and a large part of why we havent seen as many youth players prosper as they should have done. 

That's the thing though he shows flashes of ability on the ball which - as we've seen before - gets mistaken for caged potential. It would take a monumental effort for him to reach even Obertan's level.