Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Always want our youngsters going out and getting experience but have a feeling Amalfitano is more of a wide/forward type player. Hopefully if it is true it means we are signing a more central midfielder.

With the Europa Cup qualification and Guthrie's departure he would have seen plenty of first team action iyam..

Aye, can certainly see Abeid getting his run of games next season but I wouldn't be too opposed to him going out on loan either. As long as we can recall him, it'll be a good deal for all concerned.

Rumours of a season long loan to Ipswich. Interesting considering we're a bit light in CM as it is.

First-team football would be good for his development, no question - he's barely kicked a ball. Where have the rumours come from?

You might say that he'd get plenty of football for us this season, what with the Europa League, but i trust Pards to send him out if he doesn't think he's up to it yet. I've seen nothing but the odd glimmer of promise from Abeid; you've only got to look to the likes of Huntington to see that plenty of game-time in Europe isn't necessarily a good thing. Aye, Huntington was probably shite anyway, but Alkmaar murdered his career here and he's stagnated in the lower leagues ever since - having been a regular squad player for us. Roeder was absolutely abysmal with younger players (fuck knows how he ever got the Academy boss gig), whereas i think Pardew and Carver have got a good idea.

The Anita interest suggests we're after another centre-mid anyway. Plus there's Vuckic, Amalfitano and (shit though he is) Gosling to make up the numbers. Vuckic had his turn in the Championship, now it could be Abeid's. I would hope that Ferguson would get half (to a season) in the Championship, but i've a hunch that Pardew wants to integrate him into the first-team squad early.

Just a general point; it's been fucking donkeys since i can delete any concern and apply my faith to almost every decision the management team does.

• 3 weeks later...

Tough call, has to be loaned out if we actually get Anita. That said we should really just sell Gosling to anyone that will take him and keep Mehdi in the squad. Think he could do with a run of games though on loan.

Why?

Tough call, has to be loaned out if we actually get Anita. That said we should really just sell Gosling to anyone that will take him and keep Mehdi in the squad. Think he could do with a run of games though on loan.

Why?

Coz he has a boring name.

Why?

Coz he has a boring name.

Any one who shares a surname with Ryan Gosling can not have a boring name.

Took his goal very well, showed great composure.... As for Gosling I think he has had a great pre season so far, only think he is lacking is that calmness infront of goal, he could have had about 6 goals so far in pre season, credit to him for getting into the box.

Gosling looked anything but hopeless today ffs. He's being written off far too early. I've got faith he will come good.

:thup: It's just become a template these days no.matter how he plays. He will never be pushing our first choice players for their places but he is still young and could be a decent back up player. Can see him developing into a real goal threat, certainly gets into good positions even if he hasn't polished his finishing.

Gosling looked anything but hopeless today ffs. He's being written off far too early. I've got faith he will come good.

I heard he did well in the first half this evening, and i have to confess i didn't see that. I'd forgotten he was on the pitch in the second half - something that happens every time he plays for us (unless he's hacking down canaries). I couldn't believe the amount of sub appearances he'd actually had at the back end of last season.

So far he's proven to be a total nothing player. Abeid, Bigirimana and Vuckic have all shown more potential. It's good for competition though and that's why we shouldn't be letting him go.

Despite all the hype surrounding Vuckic, he's shown very little. He's injury-prone and other than the WBA home game where he did well, he's done absolutely nowt of any promise in competitive matches for NUFC. A few nice goals in pre-season apart, what else have we seen from him?

Bigirimana has been in our shirt for five minutes, way too early to say he's 'ahead' of Gosling (able to make 15-20 or so appearances in the season), and Abeid has had two games in our colours where he looked solid yet unspectacular.

Gosling hasn't really set the world on fire, but name me one player who has after the length of time out due to injury he has had. I know Ben Arfa might be a tempting example, but he took ages to get up to speed and get in the team (into the weakest part of the team where R.Taylor and Obertan were starting) compared to the form we had in CM - Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie and even Perch.

He'll come good, imo. He had a season to be dipped into the squad and make some sporadic contributions and get his full level of fitness back. I think we'll see him start to fulfil his promise over the coming season, although time will tell.

Despite all the hype surrounding Vuckic, he's shown very little. He's injury-prone and other than the WBA home game where he did well, he's done absolutely nowt of any promise in competitive matches for NUFC. A few nice goals in pre-season apart, what else have we seen from him?

Bigirimana has been in our shirt for five minutes, way too early to say he's 'ahead' of Gosling (able to make 15-20 or so appearances in the season), and Abeid has had two games in our colours where he looked solid yet unspectacular.

Gosling hasn't really set the world on fire, but name me one player who has after the length of time out due to injury he has had. I know Ben Arfa might be a tempting example, but he took ages to get up to speed and get in the team (into the weakest part of the team where R.Taylor and Obertan were starting) compared to the form we had in CM - Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie and even Perch.

He'll come good, imo. He had a season to be dipped into the squad and make some sporadic contributions and get his full level of fitness back. I think we'll see him start to fulfil his promise over the coming season, although time will tell.

Vuckic almost scored the goal of the season (pre-cisse) , apart from that he has shown nothing really. I think the Europa League is perfect for him to shine though.