Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Haven't lost when he's started this season have we?

5 wins and 1 draw I believe.

he's f***ing mint like

Wouldn't go that far :lol: But he combines the elements that Anita and Tiote offer & lack if that makes sense. Basically Anita with slightly less technique but more combatitive.

I don't actually think we have anybody else like him in our squad in that he covers so much ground and does it effectively. Tiote does but obviously his decision making is suspect. Mehdi closes down opponents so quickly and then he's striding forward with the ball to set up attacks.

I remember watching a reserve game before he went to Greece on loan and i was sitting in front of the coaching staff and Carver virtually spent the whole of match moaning about Abeid's performance,  got the impression that he didn't rate him at all. 

Hopefully Mehdi has improved enough now to have changed JC's mind.

I remember watching a reserve game before he went to Greece on loan and i was sitting in front of the coaching staff and Carver virtually spent the whole of match moaning about Abeid's performance,  got the impression that he didn't rate him at all. 

The good news just keeps on coming ...

God thats grim

Was he actually playing bad though?

God thats grim

:lol:

This is actually a good question!

God thats grim

Don't panic. He did look a bit of a nothing player at first, but has actually improved a lot since his spell in Greece.

God thats grim

wouldn't have said he was having a shocker or anything, just seemed to be moaning about his decision making and all round play.