Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

I wouldn't have said he was our worst, Obertan can have that award.

Obertan, Sammy, Taylor so that's at least 3 who were worse.

I'd agree. Sammy and Taylor on the left hand side was a car crash. I like Abeid and I'd much rather it was him in the side than ginger pubes but it was the worst I've seen him tonight.

I'd agree. Sammy and Taylor on the left hand side was a car crash. I like Abeid and I'd much rather it was him in the side than ginger pubes but it was the worst I've seen him tonight.

He was great before his injury when he was playing with his confidence.

He and Colback play different roles like.

Wouldn't surprised if it's Rivière that is axed for England's new hope with Sissoko moved forward. If not we'll get murdered in midfield.

One stupid moment aside, he was still miles better than Colback usually is.

Understand people disliking Colback's game, but that performance miles better than a standard Colback outing? I mean, howay. That's just......nar.

He was total shit, but no worse than the other cunts out there. Yet still singled out by that leathery faced twat bag. Overran, Taylor, rivière, Sammy erre fucking terrible and the wrinkly one was fucking stupid playing 442 with horrendous tactics

One stupid moment aside, he was still miles better than Colback usually is.

Nah, no way.

I prefer him to Colback in many ways as well, though a lot of that is that down to promise over substance as it stands tbf.

He's better at breaking up play than Colback but looks like has no confidence on the ball right now. Struggled a lot and the late error is not exactly going to help him.

Guest Recoba

Got away with sloppiness I'm the ball v Villa due to Villas cackness.  Didn't at all last night.  It was the performance of an all action hard working bad footballer, making a mess of playing the ball way too often.

We have seen earlier in the season that Abeid is better then that.  Hopefully it is just rustiness.

I think many have decided this lad is a superstar too early, he does not look their yet.  I am a big fan though.

I would drop one of our awful wingers to accommodate a three man midfield with Abeid, Sissoko and Colback.  They are our three most effective midfielders.

Are people forgetting/ignoring that Colback  misplaces passes all the time as well or something? In the first half, Abeid was poor on the ball, but his positioning and general play off the ball was much better than I've ever seen from Colback. Second half, with the exception of the goal, he was much better on the ball and kept things going for us and was a big reason why we weren't under so much pressure as in the first half. As there's no way Colback doesn't come straight back in, I really hope it's for Riviere with Sissoko moving forward and Abeid keeping his place.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I love the double standards on the forum FFS. Tiote has been vilified for less than what Abeid served us yesterday  :lol:

That, and Abeid doesn't give away free kicks in dangerous positions every game or gets booked for stupid fouls meaning he'll have to change his game for the rest of the match. Otherwise, cool comparison, bro.

Let's not overlook that Abeid was partnering Colback in midfield when he was playing really well before his injury.  It's seems to me that they complimented each other in midfield and allowed Sissoko to break forward.

Could be something in that - at least Colback tends to make himself available for a pass, quite a few times last night Abeid lost it trying longer passes as there was just nothing on for him.

Would benefit from a midfield partner who is a little more positionally consistent than sissoko but the lad needs time - he is talented but its not like he is making these errors having played for the team game after game for years - needs a chance to settle

Interesting reading comments on here from those I gather weren't at the match. The general consensus for those who went in the pub after was he was our best performer. Just shows you how you can see things differently on TV with commentary as opposed to live at the game where you see a lot of the off the ball work.

I was at the match and he was awful in the first half and ok in the second half aside from their goal which was junior school football.