Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

The Europa League is fun to watch.

This isn't even the worst PL era. In Mou's first run the top 4 was a closed shop and his boring side won the league easily. La Liga was excellent last season too and the football is pretty good. Results wise the Championship is always interesting.

The amount of crap Super Sunday's this year has been something else. The Saturday Night football doesn't work imo. I do like the MNF. The sport is as entertaining as it has always been largely. Except the NUFC stuff.

I like Saturday Night Football.

I get much less grief off the missus as I can do family stuff during the day until circa 4PM if it's a home game and up to 5.15PM if it's an away game.

Good atmosphere as well as a helluva lot of people go out on the drink at the same time as they do for a 3PM game so are well served by KO.

Away games I can have a drink and a takeaway and not worry about getting up for work the next day.

Much better than Monday Night Games which are generally shit.

The Europa League is fun to watch.

This isn't even the worst PL era. In Mou's first run the top 4 was a closed shop and his boring side won the league easily. La Liga was excellent last season too and the football is pretty good. Results wise the Championship is always interesting.

The amount of crap Super Sunday's this year has been something else. The Saturday Night football doesn't work imo. I do like the MNF. The sport is as entertaining as it has always been largely. Except the NUFC stuff.

Agreed (except for the part about Mourinho's teams being boring, I enjoy physically aggressive and quick football and the way his sides plays). The football isn't much different at all. We are all just getting older and the club we follow is one of the least inspiring in the Premiership. Football in general has been a good place from an entertainment standpoint in the last year, imo. La Liga, Premiership, and Ligue 1 have all been interesting, with the title races being interesting and several lesser teams putting good sides together. I enjoyed the ACON and obviously the last World Cup was brilliant.

Defensive midfielders are ultimately a side effect of the pragmatism that has engulfed English football since European influence became prominent around 15 years ago. Fortunately I think they're now basically a dying breed, while some sides - namely Man U - have never deployed them with genuine regularity.

Defensive midfielders are going nowhere, tbh. There are different styles, from a pure destroyer, to a Makelele, to a simple holding player, but the majority of sides employ someone that sits (most of the time) and fills space. The ones that don't usually have two very industrious players in a pivot or have less than three players in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never should have come off, we lost any little momentum we had after that. Clearly a cut above the rest of the dross. If he's got half a brain he won't be signing any contract extensions, too good for this 2 bit clown outfit.