Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Total Sport saying "club is saying nothing about Gameiro bid".

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/12/3/129043263296149534.jpg

;D

Guest foon

If we could get Sturridge for the same money who would you guys prefer?

Sturridge is proven I guess, but his name doesn't hold quite the same ring to it as Gameiro.

Guest johnson293

Definitely prefer Sturridge, as I know he's good in the Prem. This is coming from someone who's never seen Gameiro play mind.

^ This - would have Sturridge as he's proven, and I'm another who hasn't seen owt of Gameiro.. but he could turn out to be another Guivarc'h!

If we could get Sturridge for the same money who would you guys prefer?

It would be more interesting if there was much chance of us signing either, but as there isn't I'm not too fussed.

Chelsea have Drogba, Torres, Kalou and Anelka though. Maybe Sturridge would be ahead of Kalou, but he'd still be behind 3 other strikers who are considerably better, so if he does return then he'd have to be happy with sitting on the bench again. Which in theory should not be the case as he would have said "No" to a loan move to Bolton last Jan if he was happy to do that.

Anelka seems to be up for sale. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a toon shirt!!

Would rather players on their way up than way down. Can't imagine much hunger for success in Anelka.

Anelka's performance against us in the Carling Cup was also one the best performances by an opposition player this season, probably the best. Still has a good amount of pace left in him for a 32 year old. In fact I'm sure he hasn't had a major injury throughout his entire career, very fit player with little wear and tear visible. Not that he'll ever be playing for us, so meh.

We should just put a £10m bid in for Sturridge and see what happens, especially since the pound to euro is like 1.1. Abramovich wants to reduce costs and I'm sure he'll want to recoup some money for the Torres signing, so surely a significant profit on a player snapped up on a tribunal fee is going to be tempting. I'm not sure Sturridge is good enough to be leading the line for a title challenging side anytime soon.

Anelka's performance against us in the Carling Cup was also one the best performances by an opposition player this season, probably the best. Still has a good amount of pace left in him for a 32 year old. In fact I'm sure he hasn't had a major injury throughout his entire career, very fit player with little wear and tear visible. Not that he'll ever be playing for us, so meh.

We should just put a £10m bid in for Sturridge and see what happens, especially since the pound to euro is like 1.1. Abramovich wants to reduce costs and I'm sure he'll want to recoup some money for the Torres signing, so surely a £10m profit on a player snapped up on a free transfer is going to be tempting. I'm not sure Sturridge is good enough to be leading the line for a title challenging side anytime soon.

Sure they paid £6m for him through a tribunal.

We should just put a £10m bid in for Sturridge and see what happens, especially since the pound to euro is like 1.1. Abramovich wants to reduce costs and I'm sure he'll want to recoup some money for the Torres signing, so surely a £10m profit on a player snapped up on a free transfer is going to be tempting. I'm not sure Sturridge is good enough to be leading the line for a title challenging side anytime soon.

Yeah, my mistake. Wikipedia says £3.5m.

Yeah, my mistake. Wikipedia says £3.5m.

That rings a bell as an initial fee.

Anelka hides just about more than any forward i've ever seen.

Completely agree with this. Looks afraid to do anything whenever he's on the ball. Even when he does something good it looks like he's uncomfortable doing it.