Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Just purely based on the youtube video, does not look too impressive, falls in the ok category for me. I mean still miles better than the pile of horse shit we call as our strikers, but I hope he is not gonna be our main striker and main signing.

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/447-oh-u-mad.jpg

I'm baffeled as to how watching yootube videos of a guy doing nothing but score goals could lead someone to the opinion that he's s***?

"I refuse to believe what I'm seeing!" :lol:

Err did I say he was shit??  :dontknow:

I'm baffeled as to how watching yootube videos of a guy doing nothing but score goals could lead someone to the opinion that he's s***?

Err did I say he was shit??  :dontknow:

You watched a video of him scoring goals then declared you think you could get someone better, which is confusing. I don't think you could and Newcastle should be bloody delighted if they get someone of Gameiro's level this summer.

Err did I say he was s***??  :dontknow:

You watched a video of him scoring goals then declared you think you could get someone better, which is confusing. I don't think you could and Newcastle should be bloody delighted if they get someone of Gameiro's level this summer.

well its just that some of those goals look like scruffy  shots instead of clean strikes of a predatory striker. That is the impression that I get from watching the youtube video, could be wrong of course

well its just that some of those goals look like scruffy  shots instead of clean strikes of a predatory striker. That is the impression that I get from watching the youtube video, could be wrong of course

:lol: unbelievable! how about the other half which are thunderbolts or cheeky lobs?

If we sign him, I hope he won't wear those... eh, things.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/113290405.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DC7A367CF901548231B0AEB63C9593C77E4078C6E38E63AF0E30A760B0D811297

Guest Roger Kint

What video did you watch? I just watched the one with all his goals this season on and they are anything but scuffy save for 1 or 2.

:lol: unbelievable! how about the other half which are thunderbolts or cheeky lobs?

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Anyone who would turn there nose up at any quality striker given the shower of shit we've got needs to seriously lower their expectations.

Past experience stops me getting excited at any signing considering the number of amazing players that have flopped, and underestimated players who go on to do well here.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/113290405.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DC7A367CF901548231B0AEB63C9593C77E4078C6E38E63AF0E30A760B0D811297

I assume you mean the Kinesio Tape on his legs? You'd prefer him to not play instead?

I assume you mean the Kinesio Tape on his legs? You'd prefer him to not play instead?

Exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

Eh? This fella can only play football if he's got gaffer tape on his legs?!

I suggest we look elsewhere then...

Guest hobshobs

He can wear stockings, suspenders and bloody high heels if he likes. So long as he's not injured every second week like Shola.

What do those...things...actually help with?

Evidence

There is mixed evidence that elastic therapeutic sport tape produces clinically significant benefits.

One randomized, double-blind study of the tape showed no medium- or long-term benefit, although there was a statistically significant effect immediately after application. The authors conclude "Utilization of KT [Kinesio tape] for decreasing pain intensity or disability for young patients with suspected shoulder tendonitis/impingement is not supported." [6]

A randomized clinical trial of patients with whiplash found an effect that was statistically significant, but "improvements in pain and cervical range of motion were small and may not be clinically meaningful."[7]

A study of the effect of Kinesio taping on muscle strength found "Kinesio taping on the anterior thigh neither decreased nor increased muscle strength in healthy non-injured young athletes."[8]

A study of the effect of elastic taping on baseball players with shoulder impingement found "elastic taping resulted in positive changes in scapular motion and muscle performance."[9]

A study of the effect of Kinesio Taping on changes in the tone of the vastus medialis muscle during isometric contractions found an increase in muscle tone 24 hours after application, but a decrease to the baseline during the fourth day. The authors conclude "Kinesio Taping used shortly before the motor activity it is supposed to support may fail to fulfil its function."[10]

A study of the effect of kinesio taping on lower trunk range of motion found an increase in range of motion for flexion, but no significant difference for extension or lateral flexion.[11]

Kinesio taping on the IT band and hip flexors worked well for tendonitis and/or bursitis when on, but when taken off, it re-occurred

Guest bimpy474

What premier league striker could he be compared most too? In terms of style not ablity

I hate to say this but.......Kevin Phillips ?